The cause of gum decease usually falls down to a lack of oral hygiene. It can also be caused by things such as stress, lack of sleep, poor diet (smoking, drinking alcohol) etc.
Common signs of Gum Disease include, bleeding gums, sore red and puffy gums, gum loss (receding gums). Your teeth may look longer when gum loss has happened and teeth will become very sensitive because the nerve beneath the gum line is now exposed.
If showing any of the signs above, then please do the following.
- Invest in a high quality electric toothbrush, some can be quiet pricey, but they’re worth investing in, one of the best ones out there is Oral-B Pro 3000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Powered By Braun and it’s definitely worth having one. Hold the brush over the tooth along the gum line, spend about 3-4 seconds on each tooth and simply let the brush do the work for you, and trust me it will do a better job than a manual one.
- ALWAYS use mouthwash. Brushing alone will not kill all of the bacteria in your mouth, Listerine Total Care Mouthwash will give you complete care in all areas needed for your dental hygiene. Simply use after brushing by swishing it around your mouth for around 30 seconds before spitting out. It’s great because it will help clean below the gum line where your toothbrush can’t reach!
- START FLOSSING! A lot of people miss this one out, but honestly, it will get rid of and prevent staining and plaque between your teeth which may be causing your gum disease in the first place!
- Drink herbal tea. I can’t stress enough how much this can help. Green Tea & Lemon are an amazing combination and with regular drinking it will sort you out in no time! (it can be quite bitter if you’re not used to it, but it’s sure better than having gum disease)
- Once a week, add baking soda with your toothpaste to give you more of an intense clean.
- Wash your hands and then place manuka honey on your finger and rub into your gums, leave for approx 30 min, then rinse with water.
By religiously following these methods without fail, will help cure your gum Disease without the unwanted dentist visit you’ve been dreading. You will feel improvement around 2-3 weeks after starting this routine.
Thank you for reading I hope this helped you!
Please comment, share, like.. etc!!