Right now the whole world is getting ready for the biggest shopping event of the year, Black Friday 2018. If you don’t want to miss the celebration and plan to make some amazing purchases, here is everything you need to know about the event.
Celebrate Black Friday 2018 in Nigeria with Jiji
1. What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is the annual shopping celebration that takes place in late November. This holiday originated in the US, where stores had massive sales on the day after Thanksgiving, when no one had to work and everyone could shop for as long as they wanted.
Starting from the late 1990s, the celebration of Black Friday started to get more common around the world. Nigeria has celebrated Black Friday for several years in a row, and 2018 is no exception, as huge discounts are already being prepared.
2. When is Black Friday this year?
There are two easy ways to know when Black Friday is celebrated every year: it’s both the Friday right after Thanksgiving, or the fourth Friday of November. This year the date to mark in your calendar as Black Friday 2018 is November 23!
3. Top 5 tips on shopping during Black Friday
Millions of buyers save money and make lists of their dream products all year long in preparation for Black Friday. Want to know other secrets for the most satisfying Black Friday shopping of your life? Here are top 5 buying tips!
- Plan ahead. The most experienced shoppers start planning their Black Friday purchases at least a month before the event, and on Black Friday all that is left for them is click “Buy”. This is a good Black Friday strategy, but you can get even more rewards if you stay alert throughout the whole November – many stores will have special deals days or even weeks before the big day.
- Choose a budget. While it’s tempting to buy everything you want to when the prices are so appealingly low, most of us can’t spend everything we have on Black Friday shopping. Choose your budget and plan your purchases within it – that way you’ll be able to manage your finances like a pro.
- Make a list and pick your priorities. It’s not enough to simply list the products you want to buy – you need to prioritize some products over the others. It’s Black Friday and everything can happen – you need to decide which items you absolutely need and which can be safely omitted, for example, if the prices are higher than you expected, without disrupting your plans.
- Sign up for everything. Every respectable online store today has at least some kind of internet presence, whether it’s an email newsletter or a Facebook and Instagram page. Sign up in advance for every store you plan to buy from and be the first one to know about their Black Friday offers, promo codes, and other ways to save money on shopping.
- Shop on Jiji. Every year Jiji is at the forefront of the Black Friday celebration in Nigeria, and there is already something special planned for 2018. On November 23 there will be thousands of products with discounts ranging from 5% to 90% – make sure you don’t miss a single amazing deal this Black Friday!
Get the best deals in Nigeria delivered to you every day with the Jiji app
The post When Is Black Friday 2018 And How To Make A Profitable Purchase appeared first on Jiji.ng Blog.
This post first appeared on JiJi.ng Blog - Sell And Buy Cheaper And Safer From, please read the originial post: here