Given the many tigernut oil benefits, no wonder that tiger nuts and products made from them can be found in millions of Nigerian homes. Tiger nut oil is considered to be the most powerful of tiger nut products. Find out how to make tiger nut oil at home!
Shop high quality products for health and beauty on the Jiji app
1. How to extract oil from nuts at home
Are you wondering how to extract oil from tiger nut? The most popular way of how to make tiger nut oil is the cold press method. The most important tool for this process is an expeller press: it can be a motorized or crank-style press. Here is a full list of required tools:
- Expeller press
- Baking tray
- Cheese cloth
- Cooking thermometer
To learn how is oil extracted from nuts using the cold press method, follow these steps:
- Clean the tiger nuts and remove the shells. Make sure no debris or sand are left in the nuts, since they will affect the overall quality of the oil.
- Heat the tiger nuts before sending them to the press. Set your oven to 120 degrees and place the tiger nuts in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After taking the tiger nuts out of the oven, place them immediately into the press. Proceed to squeeze the valuable oil from the press with a container placed under the end cap.
- When every single drop of oil has been squeezed, cover the container with a cheesecloth and leave for several days. This will allow the debris in the oil float to the top of the oil. After a few days simply scoop out the top layer of your tiger nut oil.
- You can further purify the tiger nut oil by heating it up to 120 degrees – this is where your cooking thermometer will come in handy. The heating will make the oil clearer, evaporate excess liquid, and further remove any leftover debris.
- Pour the oil into a bottle and store in a cool dark place without direct sunlight.
2. Top 5 uses of tiger nut oil
Now that you know how to extract tiger nut oil, it’s time to find out what exactly tiger nut oil can do for your health and beauty. Here are 5 essential benefits of tiger nut oil:
- The high vitamin E content of tiger nuts has a positive effect on nearly every function in the body, especially the hair, skin, and fertility.
- Because of the oleic acid content and low acidity, tiger nut oil is believed to be very good for the skin. To experience the benefits of tiger nut oil for skin, apply the oil on cleansed skin every day.
- Tiger nut oil can be your powerful aid in fighting stress, depression, and other problems of the nervous system, which, in turn, cause various unwanted physical symptoms.
- Digestive problems can be effectively treated with tiger nut oil – this simple product can alleviate symptoms such as bloating and constipation, as well as slow metabolism.
- By slowing down the cell ageing process, tiger nut oil can not only remove the signs of ageing in your body and appearance, but also make you feel and look younger.
Improve your health with the Jiji app
The post How To Make Tiger Nut Oil At Home appeared first on Jiji.ng Blog.
This post first appeared on JiJi.ng Blog - Sell And Buy Cheaper And Safer From, please read the originial post: here