Peanuts are mostly known as tasty snacks, but in reality, there are a lot of things you can do with them. The most fun thing about them is that they can be used to make both sweet and savory dishes – they are great at absorbing and improving the taste of anything you add to them. Homemade peanut butter is one of the most popular recipes that require peanut – it is a great way to get your basic nutrients with a superb taste. Here are this and one more recipe of homemade dishes that will make you fall in love with peanut and eat it every day!
Get any ingredient for your homemade meal on Agriculture and Foodstuff on Jiji! Install the Jiji app to make your phone your best shopping companion!
1. Homemade peanut butter
There are a lot of types and variations to the Peanut Butter recipe, but there are some basic rules that you need to stick to. But almost all of them are really simple and you can make them in less than an hour. If you still don’t have time for this or you’re too lazy to make it on your own, you can always buy some peanut butter on Jiji. Here is how to make peanut butter (the most basic version):
- Roast the nuts in your oven. Heat it up to 350°C and roast for about 3-5 minutes.
- Put the nuts in the blender and grind them for about 3 minutes, until you get a dry-looking uniform mass with rough texture
- Add salt (3/4 of a teaspoon for a cup of peanuts) and honey (2 tsp for the same amount of peanuts)
- Now it’s time to add ingredients, that will improve the standart formula. You can add cocoa powder to make chocolate peanut butter (about half a cup) or some other types of nuts.
- Blend again for about the same time. If you like your peanut chunky, in the end add ungrounded roasted peanuts and carefully mix.
- If you’re wondering how to make peanut butter smoother, add a couple of tsp of vegetable oil while blending.
2. Coated peanuts
To add some flavor to peanuts you don’t really have to grind them. Instead, you can coat them with something salty or sweet. You can easily learn how to make peanut coated with flour, this snack will go great with anything. This is the perfect choice if you want to learn how to make Nigerian peanut snack. In Nigeria, this recipe is called a peanut burger recipe. This is what you’ll have to do to make it:
- Keep the peanuts in a boiling water for a couple of minutes
- Let them dry, and, in meantime, mix together flour, sugar and nutmeg
- Add an egg to the mixture and stir it carefully
- Pour the milk in and stir again, until the mixture has a buttery texture
- Pour the batter all over the peanuts. Make sure that the butter is spread evenly
- Sprinkle the peanuts with the flour and put them into the preheated oil. Fry them for 3-5 minutes. Your tasty snack is ready!
Buy food for the best price on Agriculture and Foodstuff on Jiji! Use the Jiji app to be able to shop anywhere you want!
The post How To Make Peanut Dishes That Will Blow Your Mind appeared first on Jiji.ng Blog.
This post first appeared on JiJi.ng Blog - Sell And Buy Cheaper And Safer From, please read the originial post: here