You’ve been dating for a long time, know each other’s families, share dreams and aspirations, and can’t imagine living without one another. The next logical step is getting married, and here lies one of the biggest challenges of your life. Nigerian weddings are famous for their unique traditions and vibrant feel, which is why planning a Wedding can take a lot of your time and effort. Luckily, our tips on how to plan a wedding in Nigeria are here to help you make everything perfect and turn your wedding day into the happiest day ever!
Choose your wedding services on Jiji
1. When to start planning?
The ideal time to start organizing a wedding is 10 to 12 months before the event. It may seem like a lot, but with plenty of time, you’ll never be in a rush to do anything, whether it’s ordering a wedding cake or designing a stunning gown inspired by Nigerian wedding dresses. Top wedding professionals like caterers, tailors, and musicians, get booked in advance, so if you don’t have too much time to plan your special day, it may turn out that the best specialists in the market are no longer available for your selected days.
2. Wedding planning tips: what to do first?
In order for your wedding event to go over smoothly and leave only positive memories, there is so much that needs to be done. The best thing to do is to either hire a wedding planner or appoint one of your friends or family members to act as a planner for you. Of course, you can successfully organize a reception on your own, especially if you’re not aiming for a big event, but a professional wedding planner or a friend will help you not forget a single thing and make sure everything is happening on time. Don’t forget to create a checklist to never miss anything!
3. Wedding planning list
Let’s assume you’re having a medium-size event for your close friends and family members, and not a lavish wedding for hundreds of guests. In that case, here is a checklist of things to complete before the big day. Remember that it’s best to start as early as possible!
9-12 months before the event
- Announce your engagement.
- Set the date.
- Hire a wedding planner or choose one from your friends.
- Plan the wedding budget and how the two families will share the financial duties.
- Create a draft of the guest list.
- Choose the members of your bridal party.
- Select the location.
- Decide on your wedding theme.
- Book a wedding photographer.
- Plan your honeymoon, booking the flight and the hotel in advance to get the best prices.
6-9 months before the event
- Buy your wedding gown or order one to be created from scratch.
- Have an engagement photoshoot.
- Choose your makeup artist and research popular wedding looks.
- Book the master of ceremonies, the band or musician, and other entertainers.
- Find a reliable caterer and agree on the menu.
- Order event decoration services and hire a florist.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Make an announcement of the event on social media.
3-6 months before the event
- Print your wedding invitations and cards.
- Buy shoes, purse, and any extra accessories for your wedding gown.
- Get a trial appointment for the wedding hair and makeup.
- Order your wedding bouquet and a matching boutonniere for the groom.
- Buy or order your wedding rings.
1-2 months before the event
- Plan the look of your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Book a hotel room for your wedding night.
- Choose the transportation.
- Mail out wedding invitations.
- Decide if you want a rehearsal dinner, and organize one if necessary.
- Write your wedding vows.
- Check the availability, dates, and details once again with all of your wedding vendors.
1-2 weeks before the event
- Plan a get-together for the bridesmaids.
- Check the weather for your special day.
- Decide on the seating arrangements for the reception.
- Have your scheduled beauty treatments.
- Pack your bags for the honeymoon.
- Create the final draft of the wedding day schedule.
- Try walking in your wedding shoes around the house to make sure they’re comfortable.
On the day before your wedding, check everything once again and then go to bed early in order to look and feel refreshed on your big day. When the wedding day finally comes, enjoy it as much as you can – it’s all just for you!
Plan an unforgettable wedding with the Jiji app
The post Nigerian Wedding: How To Plan A Wedding appeared first on Jiji.ng Blog.
This post first appeared on JiJi.ng Blog - Sell And Buy Cheaper And Safer From, please read the originial post: here