Buying art has never been easier. Since the online art scene is flourishing, it is high time for all of us to wave goodbye to those dull, empty white walls. Adding an exclusive, fun and though-provoking piece of art in your home is a wonderful way to break free from all that is mundane and create a whole new atmosphere.
Nothing else can transform the visual look of your home like a colorful art print. This is also a great opportunity for you to get original and creative simply by choosing something that evokes positive emotions within you and complements the surroundings of your home.
Colorful art prints are also a great way to enliven the otherwise monotonous furniture colours and lines. If you have decided to take the dare and bring some originality to your surroundings, the best way to do this (money value and choices wise), is to buy art print from a reputable online gallery. This way you will be able to find valuable curated pieces that are limited edition fine art prints from many aspiring and established artists. You are also just a click away from comparing prices from as many galleries as you wish.
However, before you dive into the beautiful sea of online galleries, there are few things you need to keep in mind regarding the ideal art print for your home:
- Put The Cart Before The Horse – It might sound a bit strange, but if possible, buy the art print first and then paint the walls accordingly – it is easier to paint the walls later than to find the matching art piece.
- Don’t Let The Artist ‘s Name Influence Your Decision – The art market is full of truly skillful and excellent artists who cannot fit in the overcrowded world of art. If catchy art print is what you want, focus on that and disregard the name completely. There are numerous “great unknowns” who have remarkable art works waiting just for you. This is also a great way to get a valuable, quality piece for a fair price.
- Buy With Pleasure – Buying a painting for the mere purpose of being trendy is not recommendable at all. Keep in mind that this is a piece that will hang on your wall and you will look at it every day – buy something that you truly like and has a positive impact on you.
- Size Does Matter – Spacious blank walls are to be filled with large format high-quality art prints. Don’t make the common mistake to opt for several smaller prints, go for a single large size one and leave room for other type of room décor around in order to attain a more sophisticated look.
- Look For Painterly Art – When choosing art print for your home, don’t just buy anything. The print needs to be in tune with your personality and shine with originality. Look for something striking, something that will make a statement.
- Escape From The Boring White And Beige – Unless you are in love with the white and beige look, you can always think outside the box and splash some colour on your walls. Browse online for some ideas and choose the art print that will match to your interior design.
- Match The Interior Design With Your Artwork – Matching the art print with your interior design, also means matching the rugs, cushions, throw blankets, vases or some other decorative items with it.
By following the above listed tips and even more importantly, your artistic intuition (we all have one), you will be surprised how big a transformation you can create in your home. One incredible art print can inspire all other items on your home décor shopping list and that’s an excitement not to miss!