CFA Exam Dates – If you are sitting for exam in December, 2016, you may think about the important dates before the exam. In this article, we will guide you and will give you exact CFA exam dates 2016 for everything you need to do before CFA exam. First of all, we will discuss everything in detail. Later for your convenience, we will provide you a summary. Keep this guide handy all the time, so that whenever you need to check for deadline or payment of CFA Exam fees or date for downloading admit card, you will get everything at one place.
Without any delay, let’s get started.
CFA Exam Dates 2016 Infographics
Let’s go by sequence and understand the importance of each of these CFA exam dates 2016 one by one.
If you are planning to sit for CFA exam in December, 2016, the registration has opened in January, 2016. During registration, you need to pay onetime US $450 as enrolment fees. Once you register, you will be able avail practice tests and mock tests. On a short note, you need to know whether you are eligible for the enrolment before payment of fees.
- To be able to enroll for CFA Level 1 exam, you need to have an international valid passport. This is the primary requirement. You can check more here.
- You also need to complete a bachelor’s degree or if you are in your final year of your degree program, you can apply. Or you need to have four years of experience; it doesn’t need to be investment related. Or else you need to have four years of total education and work experience; remember, part time work experience won’t be taken into account.
You can choose to give this enrolment fee before giving the exam registration fee or along with it.
16th March, 2016
If you want to do early bird registration for CFA Level 1 exam, the deadline is 16th March, 2016. For that the fees you pay would be significantly lesser. You need to pay US $630. Once you register, you would be able to avail the following –
- The eBook (this is what you need to cover in your curriculum). You would be able to purchase a print version for the same, if you pay US $150 (non-refundable) plus any shipping fees. You can decide to buy at the time of paying registration fees for exam or on a later date.
- You will also receive an interactive study planner so that you can take charge of your time and track your preparation for exam.
- You will receive topic based practice tests.
- You will also be able to avail mock exams.
- Moreover, you will also be able to avail a mobile app which includes all of them above (other than the print book for which you need to pay separately).
15th August, 2016
This is an excellent step in making you ready for CFA exam. Once you register for CFA Level 1 exam for December, 2016; you will be able to avail mock exams free of charge from 15th August, 2016. These mock exams will check your exam readiness and you would be able to get correct answers, brief answers and curriculum references at the end of mock exams
17th August, 2016
17th August, 2016 is the deadline for standard registration fee for CFA exam. The standard registration fee is US $860. You can see that if you decide to do CFA, it’s always better to enroll it before the deadline of early bird registration.
Here you need to keep in mind that the refund for the enrolment and registration fees are available within 2 business days from the day of registration if by any means if you change your mind. After that no refund is available even in extreme situations.
2nd September, 2016
If you are thinking of availing scholarship for December, 2016, you can submit application before 2nd September, 2016. CFA Institute offers awareness scholarship to qualified applicants in the media, academic, and financial communities. The scholarship is given to college/university faculty, college students attending a school that is a CFA program partner under CFA’s University Recognition Program, employees or agencies and media organization employees. The scholarship includes onetime payment of enrolment fee and can reduce the registration fee to US $350 (you will be able to get access to the curriculum eBook as well).
14th September, 2016
On this day your registration deadline ends. You need to pay more (i.e. US $1280) if you pay just on or before 14th September, 2016 as this is the fees for late registration. You won’t be able to register after this. But there are exceptions. Pay heed below –
Only to the students who have life threatening illnesses or in case of severe illness of their family member, or natural disaster or mandatory military service, registration deferral is available. But this happens after considering each case separately. The deferral requests should be received by the institute before the scheduled exam or after 10 business days within the days of exam.
19th September, 2016
19th September, 2016 is the deadline for religious alternate date testing accommodation. The arrangement is made if you have any religious obligation or belief that prevents you from taking exam on Saturday. In that case, the institute will try to accommodate you to sit for the exam on the Sunday following the regular exam date. There are two types of arranging it –
- If you are requesting religious alternate date for the first time, then you need to complete the Religious Alternate Date Request Form. You will get it here. Once you complete filling up the form you need to send it to the institute. You need to do it within 75 days prior to the exam day. Once they will receive the form, they will a confirmation email. Please note that they take four to six weeks for processing.
- If you have sent out request for religious alternate date in the past, you don’t need to fill up the form again, you just need to follow below steps –
- Open a service request (You need to have login id to do that)
- From the drop down menu of “I have an enquiry about”, select “CFA Program”
- Then in “specifically” field, select “Religious Alternate Date” from the drop down menu.
- Add a comment where you will tell the institute that you have already submitted Religious Alternate Date Form in the past.
- Then finally, submit the request.
Once the request has been evaluated, institute will contact you for the same.
17th October, 2016
By any means if you feel that you need to change your exam location, then you need to send test center change request within 17th October, 2016. But applying for the change for test center doesn’t mean that you will be able to avail it. The institute has clearly mentioned that the change request for test center is subject to availability. If you are applying for a different center in the same metropolitan city then your request wouldn’t be granted. So, if you want to raise a change request, you need to do as follows –
- Login with your id and select “Change My Test Center” option.
- If your desired test center is not currently listed that means the center has reached its full capacity. You need to check periodically to see whether the desired center is available or not.
- If your change request for test center is being approved, you would be able to see it on your admission ticket.
Early November, 2016
In early November, 2016, you would be able to avail the exam ticket for December, 2016. All you need to do is to follow the below steps –
- First of all, you need to have a valid, unexpired international travel passport.
- Normally, the ticket would be available in early November, 2016. But before you can access it, you need read and agree to terms, conditions and policies of CFA exam.
- Once you are done accessing your ticket, it’s time to print it. Print it on unused, clean paper. Remember to not write anything on any part of your ticket.
- It’s your responsibility to check your ticket before printing. Different browsers show different results. These are the things that you need your ticket to display:
- First of all, your CFA Institute ID number should be mentioned on your ticket.
- Make sure that your ticket shows the last four characters of your passport number.
- Your name should be in your ticket as similar as in your CFA Institute account.
- Your passport expiration date should also be mentioned in your ticket.
- Lastly, the name, date and the location of your test center should be mentioned in your ticket.
- Update your name or the passport number if necessary. Your ticket will only show what is in there in the database of CFA institute. Along with doing the update, you should also inform the institute about the errors in your ticket (if any).
- Finally, check your test center address. Visit your test center before the exam date for making it convenient.
3rd December, 2016
This is the date for which you have been preparing all along. So, make sure that you take this exam seriously and do your part to do well. Pay attention to the following steps:
- There are few things you need to consider. Plan properly so that you can reach before the exam starts. There are two sessions. If you appear for the first session 30 minutes or more past the start of the exam, you won’t be allowed to sit for the exam. And you will also not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the specified time expires for both the exam. If you don’t sit for the morning exam, you won’t be allowed to sit for evening exam as well. You need to sit for both the exams to be able to receive your exam results.
- You need to carry four things essentially – exam admission ticket, valid international travel passport, approved calculators and approved writing instruments.
- The candidates’ check-in process will start at 8:00 am. for morning session and at 1:00 pm. for evening session. Doors will close for announcement at 8:30 am. and 1:30 pm. respectively. The first and second sessions will be of 3 hours each (9:00 am. – 12:00 pm. & 2:00 – 5:00 pm. respectively).The students should remain seated until the exams are done.
December, 2016 – January, 2017
During this time the exams are being graded. Within a month, you would get the result whether you pass the exam or not. During this time, you need to hold your nerve.
Late January, 2017
During this time, you will get your results. If you have sit for December, 2016 exam, you will get a result of “pass” or “did not pass” and you will also receive a summary of your performance in each topic area. Students who do not pass receive additional information about their performance in relation to the candidates who did not pass the exam. It is advised that if you did not pass the exam, use the information available by the institute and prepare for your future exam accordingly. You can take as much time as you want before registering for the next exam. If you prepare well and follow all the guidelines, then you will clear the exam with flying colors.
The post CFA Exam Dates & Schedule appeared first on Free Investment Banking Tutorials |WallStreetMojo.