|L to R: Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint, MAC Dance with Me Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour, MAC Oh Lady Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour, MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick, MAC Russian Red Lipstick, NYX Amsterdam Soft Matte Lip Cream on NC25 skin|
Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint is a very much well-hyped red lipstick, expertly released during the holiday season. It boasts the perfect red for any skintone, and I must say I do agree it is an amazing flattering colour. The formula is very runny - a little goes a long way. I find that red lipsticks are tricky to apply on their own however, and I would recommend using a matching red lip pencil eg. MAC Cherry Lip Pencil. The liquid formula is a dream - it wears comfortably and it is not drying at all.
I have compared it with my other red lipsticks and here are my thoughts.
- MAC Dance With Me Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour is darker and applies less evenly.
- MAC Oh Lady Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour is nothing like Stunna at all. It is a lot deeper and more berry in colour.
- MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick applies more matte. It is a little lighter and pinker in colour.
- MAC Russian Red Lipstick is close. It leans a tad more orange.
- NYX Amsterdam Soft Matte Lip Cream is also close, but a little lighter and more orange.
Overall, Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint is nice to have but if you already own MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick, MAC Russian Red Lipstick and NYX Amsterdam Lip Cream, you don't have to rush out and purchase this. If you don't have a single red lipstick in your collection or if you are an avid red lipstick user, this should come in one of your top choices!
Livia | The Skin and Beauty Blog
*Press sample. All views are my own.