Eleven Madison Park in New York has secured the No.1 spot in the 2017 list of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants. Melboune rose to the occasion at one of it's most significant ever events and surely is rated as one of the foodie capitals of the world. The World Loves Melbourne attended the Awards night and found it to live up to the hype. This year’s winners were revealed at the awards ceremony at the historic Royal Exhibition Building in Melbourne.
- ·Eleven Madison Park is named The World’s Best Restaurant for the first time
- ·Attica in Melbourne (No.32) rises one place to retain its title as The Best Restaurant in Australasia
- ·Brae in rural Victoria enters the ranking for the first time at No.44
- ·France, Spain and the USA each count six restaurants on the 2017 list
- ·The 2017 list features nine new restaurants: six making their debut and three returning to the list as re-entries