Here are the latest games in the first round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble.
We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!
Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- Why You’re Not Rich Yet (Or may never be) (Never) — The definition is different for everyone, but the theme is common in most people I interact with. They WANT to be rich or at least have all the things they associate with wealth. Few actually figure it out. If you’re curious why you’re not rich yet, maybe one of these reasons apply to you.
- 10 Signs that Mean You Should (Probably) Quit Your Job (Quit) — We all have bad days at work. But when those bad days turn into bad weeks, how can you tell it is time to move on to something new? What are the telling signs that indicate it might be time to quit your job?
- Abundance and Sufficiency: Think Abundantly and Live Sufficiently (Abundance) — To explode your financial success takes a combination of the seemingly contradictory mindsets of sufficiency and abundance. This article goes in-depth to explain the two concepts. It goes further to explore the benefits of each. Then finally, you will be armed with practical tips on how to seamlessly combine the two. The best resource you can get on the net to hack your way to financial success.
- Growing Up Abused – A Story of Tragedy and Triumph (Abused) — This is a very personal story of a fellow blogger who grew up in an extremely abusive household. As horrible as that sounds, this is a story of triumph. Andrea overcame this horrendous experience and is using it to help others. She’s happily married and a very successful, well-respected blogger at Saving Joyfully. Readers will find hope and encouragement in Andrea’s story.
- 4 Lies Money Gurus Tell You (Gurus) — Money gurus tell you to live on a budget, eat beans & rice, and cut up your credit card in order to win with your finances. But what if they’re lying to you? What if you CAN enjoy the journey on your way to money success? Here are four lies most money gurus tell you, and the real truth of the matter!
- Earn Less, Worth Less? (Less) — After quitting my full time job to redesign my life, I began to question my worth and my purpose. I felt like I had stopped making meaningful contributions to my household and to the world. I suddenly didn’t know who I was since I was no longer a “worker bee”. This post is about discovering an identity outside of earning money. While there have been some changes in my life since the post was written, I hope that it helps someone who may be grappling with similar feelings.
- The Best Passive Income Ideas That Actually Work (Ideas) — There’s a lot of hype when it comes to making passive income. In this post we cut through the b.s. and offer up 12 legit ways folks can turn their idle cash, things, and time (upfront) into more income. I share my own experiences with 6 of these ideas.
ESI is the owner of Rockstar Finance and writes at ESI Money, a blog about achieving Financial Independence through earning, saving, and investing (ESI).
He’s an early 50’s retiree who achieved financial independence, shares what’s worked for him, and details how others can implement those successes in their lives. He is also the author of a free ebook titled Three Steps to Financial Independence and spends a lot of his time interviewing millionaires.