Do you enjoy watching videos? Do you enjoy using YouTube to watch videos? If all these answers are Yes, then this article is of great help to you. For every YouTube users, we know that you can not download any video directly from YouTube unless you’ve subscribed to the recent YouTube Premium, which is only usable on mobile app. In this case, for any common user, if you want to download a video from YouTube, you have to rely on third-party services. So in the post, I will discuss some ways for you to download YouTube videos on iPhone or iPad freely.
- Method 1: Download YouTube Videos via Documents App
- Method 2: Save YouTube Videos with Workflow
- Method 3: Third-party YouTube Video Download Apps / Stream Players
- Method 4: Old Way - Download Videos on PC first, then transfer to iPhone
Method 1: Download YouTube Videos via Documents App
For downloading files on Iphone, especially those from website, Documents by Readdle is quite useful on iOS device, and it can also be applied to downloading the YouTube videos you like.
- Install Documents app on iPhone, and open the video you want on YouTube app or website.
- Go to the built-in browser of Documents app, and enter a free YouTube video online downloader you use the most.
- Copy the link of the video, and then go back to Documents to paste it.
- Then click on download button (some websites may need you to click twice), and the Documents app will pop up the download page, just click Done.
- After the video downloaded, you can view it directly or save to camera roll by the share button.
List of some free YouTube video online downloaders:
- SaveFrom.net: https://en.savefrom.net/ (Ads on the video download page)
- ClipConverter: https://www.clipconverter.cc/
- YouTube video downloader: https://qdownloader.net/youtube-video-downloader
- Converto: https://www.converto.io/ (Many ads on the first page)
Method 2: Save YouTube Videos with Workflow
Some iOS users might hear of this app, which once was a paid app, now free to everyone. Workflow is a powerful app for people to simplify their repetitive works, like making photos into GIF or playing a playlist, you just need to set up the exact workflow actions, and from then on you can get the work done automatically. Workflow also can be used to download videos from YouTube, and all you need is to install a relative order then run it.
Preparation: Install orders for downloading YouTube videos on Workflow. Here are some of them, you can get one here:
Steps: (The process is similar to saving Instagram photos on iPhone.)
- Open the video you want on the YouTube app or website, and then copy its link.
- Open Workflow, and click into the video download order you’ve just installed.
- Tap on the Play button on the top of that workflow order, and wait the process done.
Method 3: Third-party YouTube Video Download Apps / Stream Players
Now watching videos on iPhone gradually becoming mainstream of people’s daily life, surely there are mobile apps dedicated on video downloading. Here lists some of them:
- iDownloader for iPhone
- HD Video Downloader
- Video Downloader for iPhone
Also, there are video stream players that support YouTube, like PlayerXtreme. VLC player also has a function of it, but the method only works on computer end (Windows, MacOS and Linux), details please refer to: https://fossbytes.com/how-to-download-youtube-videos-using-vlc-media-player/.
Method 4: Old Way - Download Videos on PC first, then Transfer to iPhone
Moreover, if you don’t have good experience with directly downloading videos on iPhone, you could download them first on computer, and then transfer videos to iPhone.
Besides the online Video downloader, there are some for offline as well. If you search on Google, you probably will get one of these:
- 4K Video Downloader.
- Gihosoft TubeGet.
- aTube Catcher.
- Free YouTube Download.
- WinX YouTube Downloader.
Also if you are a tech guy or tech fanatics, you could try YouTube-dl or YouTube-dl-GUI. These two are based on Python, open source, free and up-to-date.Tips:
If you accidentally deleted downloaded videos from iPhone Camera Roll, and you forgot the downloading link, you can use Gihosoft iPhone Recovery to get back deleted videos on iPhone.