2018 WWDC Apple announced the coming of iOS 12. As the next generation of iOS, iOS 12 is supposed to be more powerful and greater. But as always, some people would suffer data loss after updating to iOS 12.
Method 1: Retrieve iPhone/iPad Data from iCloud BackupIf you find data lost after you updated to iOS 12, you can get back data from iCloud. You can sign out and in with your iCloud to get the photos and files stored in iCloud Drive, or you directly restore device from iCloud backup.
- Go to iPhone/iPad Settings > General > Reset to erase all contents and settings.
- Then tap on “Restore from iCloud” and choose the latest backup.
- Afterwards you will have all data back to your device with iOS 12 running.
Method 2: Restore Lost Data from iTunes BackupBesides Icloud, if you regularly sync your Iphone or iPad with iTunes, you can also save your data from it. Generally it’s also highly recommended to sync your iOS device with iTunes or iCloud every time before you update.
- Make sure you have installed the latest iTunes. Sometimes it could be a problem if you can't restore the device.
- Launch iTunes on computer and go to Preference to tick on “Prevent iPhone, iPad from automatically syncing”. Don’t plug in iPhone here in case backup being covered.
- Then connect iPhone to computer and click on the little icon appears on the top.
- Go to Summary tab and check the time of your last backup.
- Click on “Restore Backup”. Done.
If your backup is large, probably it will take some minutes to get all your data back on iPhone. Then you will have your familiar iPhone back.
Method 3: Recover Lost Data with iPhone Data Recovery Tool
Sometimes we don’t plan to update our iPhone or iPad, but when one day we get up, we surprisingly find that our device have already updated to the newest version, and leaves us an empty phone without any data. Have this situation happen to you? If you don’t know how to fix it, and you also don’t have any backup, you may try the iPhone Data Recovery to retrieve the lost data from iPhone or iPad.
- Install and run the Gihosoft iPhone Recovery tool.
- Select all items and connect your iDevice to computer.
- Click Next to scan your iPhone or iPad for missing data.
- After scanning, click Recover to export all data from iPhone.
More: This software can also extract data from iTunes or iCloud backup. If you lost or deleted iMessages, you can also recover deleted iMessages with this software. And if you lost contacts on iPhone, you can read my previous post on iPhone contact recovery.