People love entertainment, and most of them enjoy watching TV shows or films. Nowadays as iPhone become one of the powerful gadgets, many people enjoy watching videos on it because it’s handy and portable with large space. It’s convenient if your to-watch videos are one of the TV programmes on iTunes Store or other TV providers, but what if the videos was downloaded on your computer? Do you know how to move movies from computer to iPhone? If you are the person who’s trying to figure out this problem, this article is for you.
Method 1: Sync Videos to iPhone via iTunesAmong many methods, iTunes is one of the basic ways to transfer data between computer and iOS devices, though may not good enough. Apart from the interaction with iPhone, iTunes is aimed at providing its users entertainment like music or films. And to transfer videos to iPhone is actually not so complicate, sometimes you just need an iTunes, and follow the steps below.
Preparation: Install iTunes on computer, and install the iOS TV app (Video app before iOS 11) on iPhone. And make sure you’ve converted the videos into MP4 since it’s the only supported format.
- Step 1: Open iTunes and connect iPhone to Computer
- Step 2: Click on the little icon of iPhone on the top left, and go to Films under Settings section.
- Step 3: Then click File on the menu bar, choose Add File to Library. (Or you can directly press the shortcut Ctrl + O here.)
- Step 4: Afterwards tick on Sync on the Films page, and select the videos shown on the interface.
- Step 5: Tap on Sync button at the bottom, and wait for the process being done.
Afterwards, you can view the movies on your iPhone in the iOS TV app > Library > Home Video. The iOS video app won’t support plug-in subtitles, if you really need to add subtitles, jump to the third method.
Method 2: Upload Videos to iCloud DriveIn iOS 11 Apple inroduced Files app in iOS devices. Hence you can manage your files on your device as well as on your iCloud. You now can just upload files to iCloud Drive and then download them on iPhone. Just remember you only have 5 GB as free space.
- Step 1: Sign into iCloud.com and click into iCloud Drive.
- Step 2: Upload the videos by clicking the upload button.
- Step 3: Then open Files app on iPhone, and then download the videos. You can move it to On My Device category afterward.
The biggest disadvantage of this method is that, it kills time if you have a bulk of large videos to upload.
Method 3: Using Third-party Video Player AppsAs watching videos became one of the most popular entertainment, there are many video players on iOS App Store, and most of them support transferring videos from computer to iPhone. And only with these third-party apps, you can add subtitles when you enjoy foreign videos.
There are many popular video players on App Store, like AVPlayer, NPlayer and so on. Some of them need to get paid to download. Here I use the freeware KMPlayer as example.
KMPlayer supports several ways of file transfer, like FTP and its own KMP connect, also it can access to Google Drive and Dropbox. But I get used to transfer file via iTunes, and it’s the fastest, I still talk about how to send videos to KMPlayer via iTunes here.
- Step 1: Open iTunes and connect iPhone to computer, and click on the iPhone icon.
- Step 2: Go to File Sharing under Settings, and choose the KMPlayer shown in the list.
- Step 3: Click Add File, and then import the videos you need, and then click Apply.
- Step 4: After process finished, click Done and eject your iPhone. Afterwards you can watch your videos freely.
If you want to add a subtitle as well, just make sure the name of the subtitle is the same as the video’s, and they’d better be in the same folder. Then you just import the video and the subtitle together to the video player.