Sometimes if you want to quickly record your ideas or plans without typing into iPhone word for word, the Voice Memos App will do you a great favor. It’s probably one of the popular applications that musician or journalist fond of, because one can simply record sounds by pressing the red button of the App. Yet accidents happen, with the complicated structure of iOS system, how can we transfer voice memos from iPhone to computer for backup or furthermore? Don’t worry, this post will provide you several tricks to get voice memos off iPhone (iOS 11, new iPhone X/8 plus/8 and older model 7/6/5/4 included).
Part 1: Transfer Voice Memos via Share button.Using Share button probably is one of the easiest ways to transfer voice memos to computer. You can simply share your voice memos to computer via AirDrop if you’re using Mac. For window users, this trick may become a little complicate. AirDrop isn’t compatible with Windows system, so alternatively you can share your voice memos to email, or upload them to Dropbox or something like that, and later download them onto computer.
Part 2: Transfer Voice Memos with Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery.Apart from recovering deleted or lost data, Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery can also scan and move existing voice memos from iPhone to computer. You can use it as an option of backup except for iTunes and iCloud. Follow these steps to transfer voice memos from iPhone to computer.
- Step 1: Install and run Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery software.
- Step 2: Choose “Voice Memos” and follow onscreen steps to scan iPhone.
- Step 3: Preview the scanning result of voice memos and click “Recover” to export them to computer.
Video guide: How to Transfer Voice Memos from iPhone to PC
Part 3: Sync Your Voice Memos with iTunes
Apart from backup, iTunes can be used as a means of file transfering. You just need to install iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone for device recognizing. Afterwards you can follow these steps to sync Voice Memos with iTunes.
- Step 1: Plug in iPhone and click on the iPhone icon top left on iTunes.
- Step 2: Select “Music” on the sidebar and click on “Sync Music”, tick on “Include voice memos”.
- Step 3: Click on “Apply” in the bottom and then your voice memos will be synced to computer.
Part 4: Extract Voice Memos from iCloud or iTunes Backup
Although you can’t view Voice memos at iCloud.com directly, you can still back up your voice memos with iCloud, and then use Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to extract voice memos from the backup. And this trick also works with iTunes backup.
- Step 1: Backup your Voice memos with iTunes or iCloud, and Run iPhone Recovery.
- Step 2: Click Next and choose “View iCloud backup” or “View iTunes backup”.
- Step 3: Sign in iCloud with your Apple ID to select a backup to download and scan. (If you choose iTunes backup, it will directly start scanning.)
- Step 4: Preview the scanning result of backup and then you can extract voice memos to computer.