Maybe you have a situation similar to the above-mentioned. Those photos you deleted long ago suddenly become important and necessary in one day, and then you try hard to find a solution to recover them. Those old deleted photos have never been uploaded into your iCloud Photo Library, so probably someone will think there’s no way to get them back. But if you’ve back them up long ago with iCloud before iOS 8, you still get a chance to recover those deleted photos.
Does any body know how to recover really old, deleted photos from iPhone? Those photos was deleted long long ago, and I need them back now. Any help?
Back in the days of iOS 7 and older, every time you sync iPhone with iCloud, photos will be sent into the encryted backup file along with other data instead of iCloud Photo Library in iOS 8 and later. If you never turn on the Photo Library on iCloud, gladly you still continue this good old function to keep photos, and it’s very easy for you to regain those old deleted photos; even if you’ve turned on iCloud Photo Library, you can still giving those oldest iCloud backup a shot, as long as you haven’t clean previous backups in iCloud.
Preparation - What you need for iPhone Photo Recovery
- The iCloud account you use to back up old photos.
- A computer. (Win or Mac)
- An iPhone Data Recovery software capable of extracting iCloud backup, such as Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery.
Tutorial - How to Recover Photos from iCloudGihosoft iPhone Data Recovery is an iOS data recovery software that are able to extract lost/deleted data (messages, photos, videos, contacts,etc) from iTunes or iCloud backup. You can use it for free to view and check the contents of the backups you made in iTunes or iCloud, with no damage to data and your privacy. Follow these steps to restore old photos from iCloud backup.
- Step 1: Open iPhone Recovery software on computer, then select “Camera Rolls” and “Photo Stream”.
- Step 2: Choose “View iCloud Backup” and sign in with Apple ID.
- Step 3: Select the oldest backup to download and scan, remember to check the date of the backup!
- Step 4: Preview the scanning result and recover deleted old photos to computer.
- Don’t plug in any your iDevice during the process, or it will fail to scan the iCloud backup.
- Remember to check the date of the backup shown in the interface of iPhone Recovery software, and make sure to select the old one probably containing those lost photos.