The normal range of blood pH is between 7.35 and 7.45 which means that it should be slightly basic or alkaline. However, in our everyday life we tend to eat lots of acidic foods that can cause negative health effects such as kidney stones, bone and muscle deterioration, an increased risk of cancer, liver problems, and heart diseases. Alkaline Foods can help you to balance your pH as they contain sodium which serves as a natural buffer against acidity.
Bright Side has made a list of the least acidic food products you should include in your diet to achieve the proper pH balance.
- Cooked broccoli (6.30 — 6.85) is full of vitamins C and A, fiber, folic acid, and phytonutrients. It can protect you from various chronic diseases and start the process of natural detoxification.
© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
- Cooked cauliflower (6.45-6.80) contains a bunch of health-promoting microelements and vitamins that have anti-inflammatory effects and can help you ward off cancer, heart and brain diseases, and even weight gain.
- Green cabbage (5.20-6.75) is rich in folic acid, magnesium, and vitamins C and K. It may protect you against the negative effects of radiation, prevent cancer as well as improve your digestion.
- Raw carrots (5.88-6.40) contain natural alkaline components which may help you neutralize excess stomach acid, lower cholesterol, improve vision, and reduce signs of premature aging.
- Cooked beetroots (5.23-6.50) are full of microelements such as manganese, potassium, and copper which have an anti-aging effect on your body, decrease inflammation and even support weight loss.
© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
- Avocados (6.27-6.58) contain a great balance of insoluble and soluble fibers which may help you to reduce liver damage, prevent oral cancer, maintain healthy skin, and nourish dry or damaged hair.
- Honeydew melons (6.00-6.67) are rich in potassium, fiber, and other nutrients. These components are able to make your bones and teeth stronger, boost your immune system and improve your vision.
© depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com © depositphotos.com
- Soybeans (6.00-6.60) are high in protein, vitamins, minerals and insoluble fiber which may help you lower cholesterol levels, relieve symptoms of menopause, and reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Cooked lentils (6.30-6.83) are one of the best vegetable sources of protein, dietary fiber, iron, folate, vitamin B1, and minerals. They are able to promote healthy bacterial growth, manage blood sugar levels, and improve your immune system.
- Cooked peas (6.22-6.88) contain lots of protein, fiber, and micronutrients which are really useful if you want to lose weight, boost your immune system, keep your bones healthy, and prevent premature aging.
Ripe olives (6.00-7.50) are a great source of vitamin E and unsaturated fats that can serve as a natural antioxidant, reduce the chances of obesity, prevent blood clots, and eliminate excess cholesterol from your blood.
Cooked spinach (6.60-7.18) is packed with vitamins A, C, K, and calcium, so it can produce anti-cancer and cleansing effects on your body as well as keep your bones, skin, and hair healthy.
Do you eat enough alkaline foods on a daily basis? Share your eating habits with us in the comments!
Illustrated by Yekaterina Ragozina for BrightSide.me