Each week we compile a summary of Recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
17 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Mavidon is voluntarily recalling all lots of products manufactured at our facility including LemonPrep®, PediaPrep® and Wave Prep 4-ounce tubes and single use cups, Cardio Prep and Collodions, Collodion removers due to contamination with Burkholderia cepacia.
- Glenmark Pharmaceutical is recalling all unexpired lots of Ranitidine tablets. Photo source: FDAThe product may be contaminated with N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a probable human carcinogen, above levels established by the FDA.
- Ford is recalling 490,574 Super Duty trucks, including all F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 trucks, because their carpets and insulation can catch fire during a crash.
- Isuzu Technical Center of America is recalling 1,926 model year 2017-2020 NPR-HDs, model year 2019-2020 NPR-XDs, NQRs, NRRs, Chevrolet 4500HDs, Chevrolet 5500HDs & Chevrolet 5500XDs, and model year 2020 Chevrolet 4500XD. The lug nuts on the rear outer wheels may not have been properly tightened when installed onto the rear axles.
- Polaris is recalling 2019 Slingshot, Slingshot SL, Slingshot SLR and Slingshot GT motorcycles. A 10A circuit breaker may be defective, tripping unexpectedly and causing a sudden loss of power and an engine stall.
- Indian is recalling certain 2019 Chieftain, Vintage, Roadmaster, Dark Horse, Springfield, and FTR1200 motorcycles. A 10A circuit breaker may be defective, tripping unexpectedly and causing a sudden loss of power and an engine stall.
- Triumph Motorcycles America is recalling six accessory Quickshifter Kits sold for aftermarket installation on Speed Triple S motorcycles. The Quickshifter assembly body may contact the gear change linkage clamp assembly and interfere with gear changes, possibly resulting in a missed gear/false neutral.
- Arcimoto is recalling 25 model year 2019 FUV motorcycles. A component of the display board may short circuit causing the communication and display circuit boards to shut down. If the communication or display board shuts down, the battery may shut down causing a sudden loss of power and increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Bakkavor Foods USA, Inc. is voluntarily recalling Trader Joe’s Egg Salad, 6 oz and Trader Joe’s Old Fashioned Potato Salad, 20 oz because these products have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Almark Foods is recalling all hard-boiled eggs manufactured at the firm’s Gainesville, Georgia facility, including all retail, pillow pack, pouch pack, frozen diced, and protein kit products, due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Great American Deli is recalling GAD #114 Egg Salad Sandwich due to possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes.
- Dierbergs Markets Recalls Egg-containing Products Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Reichel Foods Inc. Recalls Egg-containing Products Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Sprouts Unlimited Inc. is Recalling Clover Sprouts in 4-ounce Packages Due to a Possible Health Risk.
- Veggie Noodle Co. Recalls Cece’s Brand Product Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Motto International recalls male sexual enhancement products. The products contain tadalafil not declared on the label.
- BCI Burke Company of Fond du Lac, Wis., is recalling about 440 Merge Playground Climbers. A welded rung opening on the sides of the climber poses an entrapment hazard to children.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com
The post Weekly Recap of Recalls, Withdrawals & Safety Alerts: December 23 – 29, 2019 appeared first on d'Oliveira & Associates, P.C..