It is one of the most well-known Paneer dishes together with Palak Paneer, Kadai Paneer, Chilli Paneer and Matar Paneer. Paneer Butter Masala is offered in nearly all Indian restaurants and is appreciated by several people. The Paneer Butter Masala gravy is prepared using tomato puree and usual Indian herbs-spices.
It has a slightly sweet taste and slightly spicy. Hence, making it is outstanding gravy served with chapattis for kids.
Ingredients for Paneer Butter Masala
- Paneer: 250g
- Chopped Ginger: 1 tsp.
- Garlic: 4-5 Cloves
- Tomato: 3-4 Medium Size
- Chopped Onion: 2 Medium Size
- Cashew Nuts: 8-10
- Bay Leaf: 1 small piece
- Green Chillies: 2
- Garam Masala: ½ tsp.
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp.
- Salt: according to taste
- Butter: 2 tsp.
- Oil: 2 tsp.
- Fenugreek leaves: 10-12
Time to preparation: 10 Minutes
Time of Cooking: 30 Minutes
Preparation and Cooking
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and then add bay leaf and chopped onions
- Sauté for 10-15 seconds.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste and sauté till raw aroma evaporates.
- Add Tomato puree and stir then add red chili powder after 2 to 3 minutes and stir again. Sauté till oil begins to leave sides of tomato paste.
- Add Cashew paste and stir. Sauté Cashew paste till oil starts to leave sides of masala paste. Add water and keep stirring it on low flame.
- Add julienned Ginger and green chilies, salt, and sugar and simmer till curry starts to thicken.
- Add Paneer cubes
- Cook them for five minutes
- Add crushed dry fenugreek leaves and garam masala. Garnish Paneer butter masala with coriander leaves.
Serve hot Paneer butter masala with plain naan, garlic naan, chapattis or steamed basmati or jeera rice.
Benefits of Paneer
Paneer has various health benefits associated. The below reasons are apt for you to include Paneer in your regular diet plan:
- Provides enhanced bone health
- Contains high amount of protein
- Rich in potassium and magnesium
- Ideal for diabetic people
- Supports weight loss
- Improves overall of biological functioning of the body
- Can fight against diseases like hair fall, skin irritation, and arthritis
- Constitutes of antioxidant properties
- Improves digestion
For this recipe, it is best to utilize fresh and ripe red tomatoes, and homemade soft Paneer. The quantity of cream can be adjusted according to your taste.
Stay tuned for more recipes that shall leave delicious taste to your tongue!
The post Paneer Butter Masala Recipe: Spicy Taste of India appeared first on AnchalBlogs.