If you want to know how to Send an email for a job application, you’ll love this article.
Although it is difficult to believe today, only recently documents such as a CV were printed very carefully, on good paper and sent by traditional mail or delivered personally to the registered office of the company applied for. Today, when we send applications properly in bulk, it would be very difficult to do. In addition, many companies want to send applications via e-mail, because it is convenient and easier to segregate. Unfortunately, although virtually everyone can use e-mail, not everyone can do it properly.
How To Send An Email For a Job Application?
1. CV and cover letter is best saved in a popular and freely available text editor (eg Word), so it will not be a problem to read the submitted documents.
Remember that if you can not open them, there is a very small chance that the recruiter will ask you to resend the documents. Most likely, he will go to the CV of the next candidate.
2. CV and letter are always sent as attachments.
However, we avoid situations where the attachments themselves are in the e-mail and the message is free of any text. This message format is very similar to a virus sent by e-mail. In addition, a short message in the e-mail is welcomed. It can be one sentence of the type: “I would like to apply for the post …, CV and cover letter, they can be found in the attachment, I will send all other documents at your request”.
SEE ALSO: How To Write a Good CV (Curriculum Vitae) For Job Application?
3. Application document files should be clearly named.
For example: johnsmithCV.doc or johnsmithList.doc.
4. If in the announcement, there was no information about what should be included in the title of the message, enter the name of the position we apply for.
5. If we send a photo, let’s make sure that its size does not exceed 50 KB.
Also, remember that private photos or the entire silhouette are unacceptable (unless the announcement indicates such a requirement, for example when applying to a hostess). The most appropriate is a photo like for a personal ID card.
6. Never send messages in bulk with multiple recipients, as this may be badly received.
Unfortunately, if you want to be taken seriously, you have to sacrifice a bit and send each e-mail separately.
SEE ALSO: How To Write a Good Resume That Will Actually Get You Hired
7. When sending an application, it is worth selecting in the program settings the option of requesting confirmation of reading the message.
Thanks to which you will be sure that your message has reached the recipient and has been opened.
8. However, if you care about a job, perhaps it would be worth reaching for traditional methods, printing the application on a nice paper and delivering it personally to the company’s office.
These actions make us stand out today.
Artykuł How To Send An Email For a Job Application? 8 Helpful Tips pochodzi z serwisu Perfect 24 Hours.