Honda Accord is present on the market for 40 years and its sales results occupies a very important position in the automotive market. This model for years has a stable sales growth. In recent years, the annual sales are slightly less than 390000 copies. We’ll make a brief overview of the history of this vehicle, as it looked like the evolution of the Honda Accord.
Honda Accord History Facts
- In 1976, Honda introduces its first generation Accord models in the hatchback, which in 1979 got its sedan version.
- In 1982, Honda starts production of the second generation Accord, which comes from the production line Honda plant in Ohio, USA. Honda this year became the first automaker from Japan that has opened its factory in the USA.
- In 1989, Honda won the title of best-selling car in the USA, for the first time this title brought a brand that is not originating in the USA.
- Year 1994 Honda Accord, the fifth generation, excellent safety systems and environmentally friendly engines are the main advantages of this model. A year later, Honda began installing V6 engine in the model Accord.
- Honda Accord in 1998 has already managed to achieve a very ambitious goal. This vehicle managed to meet California’s Ultra-Low Emission standards. The competition was once again defeated.
- Year 2005 Honda Accord was presented with Hybrid drive.
- Year 2008, Honda began with the installation of security systems Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure (ACE) and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA).
- Year 2014, on March 20th, made the 10-millionth Honda Accord, a model with hybrid drive has achieved fuel economy of 50 mpg in city driving mode.
- Year 2016, 40 years since the launch of the first generation of the Honda Accord. Since its first appearance, Honda won 30 Car and Driver 10 Bests. Some calculations say that the world market every 2 minutes sold a piece of this model.
2017 Honda Accord Engine and Specs
Customers will be able to choose between two great engines (2.4 or 3.5 L). Both engine models are characterized by high power (185 or 278 BHP) and low consumption of petrol (26 or 31 mpg (combined)). For Sport Sedan Accord variant is expected to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 7 seconds. A model with a stronger engine Honda Accord Touring Sedan will exceed from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.8 seconds, which is a great result. Thus strong engine will provide great pleasure to all lovers of fast and aggressive driving.
2017 Honda Accord Design
The design of the 2017 Honda Accord is very winsome, the company Honda continues with its distinctive design of Accord sedan vehicles. Body lines of redesigned Accord are a combination of elegance and sport. New LED daytime running lights, chrome grille and large Honda logo on the radiator grille all the monitors let you know that in front of them is one of the best selling vehicles in the global market. The real question is how to resist all that offers this Japanese automaker. 2017 Honda Accord will surely overshadow the launch of its competing models like the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima and others.
2017 Honda Accord Release Date and Price
From this brief history of the Honda Accord is not difficult to conclude what kind of car model works. Through the 40 years of its presence in the market, after market research and listening to customer needs, the company Honda will introduce in the fall 2016 market another great model of the family Accord, the working title 2017 Honda Accord. After starting price from $ 23.200, customers will be able to choose the Sedan, Coupe and Hybrid version of the vehicle will be able to choose between several trim levels (LX, Sport, Sport Special Edition, EX) and will also have a large selection of exterior colors (eight different exterior color). For this amount of money customers will receive a reliable vehicle, a lot of space in the cabin and in the cargo section (length is 190 inches), many security systems (ABS, rear view camera, Lane Warning System, airbags, etc.), a variety of activities that will long driving more pleasant (dual-zone climate control, USB ports, Bluetooth, HD radio with great speakers, cruise control, navigation system, etc.),
The post 2017 Honda Accord Review appeared first on 2017 / 2018 Honda Accord.