These Pumping units are designed to control with Petroleum and petroleum product, like fuel, liquefied carbon gasses, water with admixtures, highly viscous liquids, etc. These pumps are reliable and safe operational and demonstrate effective pumping process.
The specific property of petroleum pumping plants during which they dissent from different units is their capability to operate below special conditions. whereas petroleum process is ongoing, the pump parts and different components are exposed to substances like hydrocarbons, and too wide selection of operation temperature and pressure values. The high viscosity of pumped up substance is one among specific factors for the operation of those plants.
A Rock Oil pump should be sufficiently powerful as a result of, as a region of petroleum extraction and process, the unit lifts it from quite deep rock oil wells. The in operation characteristics of those wells rely considerably on the kind of energy used by crude oil process equipment. Thus, the pumping plant drive kind is chosen for installation in accordance with the operation conditions.
So, the drive sorts used in petroleum pumps could also be as follows:
The electric drive is most convenient and provides the widest vary of characteristics for the rock oil pumping process; but, the electrical power provide is important for it. If the electrical power offer is unavailable, turbine motors or combustion motors will be used for petroleum pumps. gas drives are installed on centrifugal rock oil plants below the conditions once the natural gas energy or the associated gas energy will be used, creating the pumping plant way more efficient.
Petroleum Pump fluids
Petroleum pumps are wont to pump petroleum, petroleum product, oil-gas emulsions, liquefied gasses and different substances similar in terms of their characteristics, in addition to non-corrosive liquid media and sediments.
At rock oil extraction sites, these pumping plants are wont to inject flushing fluid during petroleum well drilling, to inject mud throughout flushing procedures within the scope of major repairs, and to inject liquid media into strata, leading to a lot of intensive petroleum extraction. Also, petroleum pumps are wont to pump numerous non-corrosive liquid media (including watery petroleum).
Design options and types
The design options common for all Petroleum pumping plants, worthy to be mentioned initial, are as follows,
- hydraulics utilized in the pumping unit
- specific materials creating petroleum pumps installable at outside sites outdoors
- end sealing
- explosion protection for electrical motors.
A petroleum pumping plant with a drive is mounted on the integrated foundation. an end protection with flushing and liquid delivery systems is mounted on the shaft and also the pump casing. The unit’s flow channel is formed of steel.
Screw crude oil pumping plants are operable below a lot of severe conditions than centrifugal ones. In screw units, no screw contacts are necessary to pump liquids; attributable to this truth, they will process contaminated substances, and with high-density substances.
Single-screw and double-screw petroleum screw pumps are available; both types demonstrate good self-suction in combination with a high head and pressure produced by these pumps.
Double-screw pumps to deal with viscous liquids excellently, even once exposed to atmosphere temperature variations.
Petroleum screw pumps are used to unload tanks and acid reservoirs, i.e. they're used for works that can't be carried out by centrifugal rock oil pumps.
- cradle-mounted pumps could also be designed with elastic or rigid couplings. styles containing no couplings also exist. These pumps are installed horizontally or vertically on feet or on a central axis.
Single-directional impellers are used in cradle-mounted single-stage petroleum pumps. These units are wont to pump petroleum or hot liquids
- Double-feet pumping plants are available in single-stage, double-stage or multistage style. Single-casing and double-casing modifications exist, as well as modifications with single-side and double-sided suction. The temperature of pumped substance must not exceed 200°C.
- Vertical semisubmersible pumps (or suspended pumps) are made as single-casing or double-casing modifications, with a separate drain or drain running through the column. Also, these units will be equipped with the guiding equipment or the spiral housing.
The first group includes units wont to deliver petroleum to the machine-controlled metering plants, to the central gathering plant, to the stock petroleum tanks, to the trunk pipeline main station, the pumps used for oil transportation at refineries and the units for booster stations. The second group includes units for crude oil delivery to separators, centrifuges, heat exchangers, into a furnace and into columns.
Major components of pumps
- pump casing
- replacing ring
- pump support
- waterproofing set
- oil chamber sealing
- bearing casing.
Application of Petroleum Pumps
Petroleum pumping units are used predominantly in petrochemical and rock oil process industry. Also, this kind of pumps is applied also in alternative scopes of activities that involve pumping of petroleum, rock oil product, liquefied hydrocarbon gas or different substances having physical properties like those for same substances.
Pumps created in numerous environmental condition versions and pumps of various categories are designed for operation outdoors or in rooms wherever, in accordance with operation conditions, explosive gasses, vapors or dust–air mixtures will be made.
Thus, rock oil pumping plants are used:
- at petroleum and gas extraction and petrochemical industry enterprises
- in fuel offer systems for combined heat and power plants
- at large boiler plants and gas-filling stations
- at alternative enterprises involved in distribution or use of petroleum products below explosive conditions
- numerous rock oil products pumping
- rock oil pumping at trunk pipelines
- stock petroleum piping
- gas condensation pumping
- liquefied gasses pumping
- hot water pumping at power industry facilities
- water injection into strata in stratum pressure holding systems
- chemical reagents pumping
- acids and brines pumping
- explosive or fire-hazardous media pumping
- chemical agent pumping into strata for higher petroleum recovery
- chemical media pumping at petroleum and gas business facilities
- feedwater pumping in steam heating systems
- in booster systems
- in pressure generation systems.
Keep reading Blog...