General overview of Plunger Pump
Piston pumps and plunger pumps use a mechanism (typically rotational) to create a reciprocating motion along an axis, which then builds pressure in a cylinder or working barrel to force gas or fluid through the pump.
The plunger pumps, designed and produced to produce smooth operation in continuous cycle mode, are reliable, low maintenance resolution aimed to provide longwall with hydraulic power.
The robust Pump unit serves to quiet continuous operation with the best performance no matter wherever the pump unit is placed – in a longwall or at the pump station. typically the unit is skid-mounted on the subframe of the prime mover that is flange-mounted or support-mounted as well.
The pump plungers are actuated by the forged rotating shaft supported by spherical roller bearings; the crankshaft is driven by means that of the double helical wheel which reduces the amplitude and improves the efficiency.
The compact design of the pump body ensures the direct access to the suction and discharge valves with no need to dismantle the plunger or pump body, therefore providing simple maintenance. The suction and discharge valves are identical and interchangeable and made from special steel.
The use of the hard ceramic oxide for the plunger construction allowed reducing the wear and tear greatly and, at a similar time, extending the life. The plungers may be replaced at the site without any special tools. just in case of oil seal housing leak liquid flows to the suction chamber, therefore minimizing the liquid loss.
Main pump advantages:
- Small size
- Operation reliableness
- Long life
- Easy maintenance
- Cleaning of pipes and channels
- Concrete reconstruction and paint removal
- Cleaning of heat-exchangers
- Removal of varnish from the grates
- Removal of varnish from the printing rollers in graphic-arts industry
- Rust removal and steel surfaces cleaning
- Cleaning of vessels and tanks
- Descaling in steel industry
- Outside and inside clean-up in the automobile industry
- Filter fabric cleaning
- Pumps for reverse osmosis units (seawater desalination)
- Subsurface pumps (etc.)
The product range includes the plunger pumps and package high-pressure systems similarly including associated accessories for all the applications with drive power up to 1200 kW.
Some pump capability reaches 2400 l/min (at 95 bars) for H2O, demineralized water, emulsions and light-weight oils, etc.
Water pressure is up to 2500 bar (at 40 l/min).
A special edition of pumps are manufactured for the application in subsurface mining works as well as for seawater desalting plant (reverse osmosis).
Plunger pumps application examples
- Automobile Industry - Painted parts cleaning; burring, de-coring, wash. - 100 - 2500bar
- Mining - Bearing attachment (emulsion); spraying systems; saturation. - 200 – 500bar
- Chemical - Inside and outside cleaning of tanks, heat exchangers, tube bundles, pipelines, high-pressure vessels, mixing tanks and boilers. 400 -1500bar
- Energy - Cleaning of heat exchangers, furnaces, burners. 200 – 1500bar
- Foundry - Mold, foundry ladle, and furnace cleaning. Removal of sand and ceramics, core knock-out. 350 – 1000bar
- Construction - Cleaning of artificial and natural stones and concrete; removal of putty, slime, and other coatings; concrete and brick masonry cutting; removal of corrosion from stiffening members and structural steel; removal of damaged concrete. 500 – 1500bar
- Aerospace - Rubber and labeling removal from runways; cleaning of platforms and coatings in suspension rigs. 500 – 2500bar
- Offshore - platforms cleaning of reservoirs, platforms, decks and conveyor tubes; cutting in Zone II. 200 – 2500bar
- Paper - Cleaning of shafts, presses, sieves, glue pans, and mixers. 200 – 1000bar
- Petrochemical - Cutting and removal of rubber, PVC materials, solid polymers and other types of materials. 700 – 2500bar
- Shipbuilding - Hull cleaning before putty application; water injection; hydraulic inspection of welds and ship surface as a whole; paint removal. 700 – 2500bar
- Steel - Scale removal from steel shapes, sheets etc. 200 – 500bar
- Civil - construction Asphalt and road surface marking cleaning, roughening and removal; cement mortar and cement - joint cutting-off; bridge cleaning; graffiti removal. 500 – 2500bar
- Transport- Inner and outer cleaning of reservoirs, hoppers, railway cars, and containers; removal of labels. 200 – 2500bar
- Reverse osmosis - Water desalination. ≤120bar
- Environment protection - Soil washing systems; separation of raw materials, crushing and cutting. 100 – 2500bar
- Cement - Cleaning of cement mixers, vehicles, mills, sieves, blending units and surfaces. 100 – 1200bar
Major components in the plunger pump unit: schematic frame
- Fixed unit with anti-vibratory supports
- Movable unit with rigidly-fastened and swivel wheels
- Movable unit on a cart for inner process-related transportation (solid or pneumatic buses)
- Movable unit on a road trailer (meets the EU rules)
- Unit on a truck chassis
- Electric motor
- Internal combustion motor
Power take-off mechanism
- Elastic couple for electrical motors and burning motors
- V-belt drive for electrical and burning motors
- Shaft for burning motors
Suction stabilizing unit
- Depending on the discharge pump type
Reversible (self-cleaning) filter
- Various sizes are available, depending on the pump.
Read more about the blog...