Most people are not aware of the newest trend on the internet called crowdfunding, but it is becoming the internet's #1 newest billion-dollar business, and one of the biggest trends for raising funds.
Thanks to social networks, it allows people to support virtually any project or start-up business, reaching into double digit billions, and it is just getting started. Featured in such prestigious publications as Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, and on CNN, there is no denying this is one fast-moving train you may want to hop on.
Frequently an inspiring story "goes viral" on video, demonstrating the power of crowdfunding, as individual stories emerge which were funded or assisted financially through crowdfunding, but there is no limit to the types and sizes of projects, business or financial needs that can Benefit from this new vehicle. In the coming months:
1) Non-profits will grab onto the benefits of crowdfunding more and more;
2) Equity crowdfunding will grow, as more start-up Businesses and companies are realizing the funding capabilities of reaching out to help start-up costs;
3) And there is no denying that crowdfunding promises to be between $90 billion and $96 billion by the year 2025.
Not only is it gaining popularity in an individual's fundraising possibilities, but the next wave of new businesses is discovering it to be a new access to capital. Rather than a small group of investors putting investing capital into new companies, the number of people worldwide who can fund their startups is literally endless. And it will forever change the field of financing emerging businesses and projects.
1) Most people do not even think of it, but businesses can gain start-up costs and ongoing assistance by embracing the benefits of crowdfunding. It is becoming a unique way of raising funds and can positively impact the success of a startup.
2) Crowdfunding is a natural way to raise funds for a dream, project, or special need. It gives a platform to get a message out to your group, spreads out the giving, and allows a small amount of money per donation instead of just a few major donors, which can become a daunting undertaking, to say the least.
Many types of people, groups and businesses can benefit from crowdfunding. Non profits, entrepreneurs, individuals or groups looking to fund creative projects, civic leaders that need funds to help their schools or communities, sports teams such as Little League, crowdfunding can help fund almost any type of project.
Crowdfunding gives all of us the ability to come together as a community to support what is important in our lives. It doesn't need to be some huge goal, such as "saving the whales" or global warming. People frequently crowdfund their baby's birth, their wedding, going back to school expenses, pay off debts and student loans, natural disasters, hospital bills, individual debt and even funerals.
Anything and anyone can benefit. There are numerous companies and venues on the internet to assist you in your funding needs, each slightly different from another, so it is important to research your particular niche and goals before you jump in.
All it takes is a little imagination, and maybe some luck and a need or passion for people to get it started.