Last updated: May 18, 2016
Earth Day is celebrated annually on April 22 and began in 1970. It’s a day to support and recognize environmental issues. If your babies are a little older, this is a great day to teach them how we can help keep our planet healthy. Although we try to make eco-conscious decisions every day, we’ll take this opportunity to pass on some earth-friendly deals to you:
Earth Day 2016 Freebies:
- Free National Park Entrance Days. Visit any national park April 16-24, and admission is free. (Note this happily does not include any Disney parks; get the kids to a real park.) Visit National Park Week for more information.
- Free Organic Milkshakes. The Florida-based EVOS milkshakes are made with organic milk and sugar, and fruit shakes are made with real fruit and fruit juices. Click here to find an EVOS location.
- Free Glass Straws. Glass Dharma is giving away glass straws to the first 500 entrants who write letters to restaurants asking them to take responsibility for the amount of waste produced by their straw trash. They’re also giving away a $100 gift certificate for the most letters written. Entries must be received by April 22. Read more here.
Earth Day 2016 Deals:
- Living Social. The popular online coupon site is offering 20% off with code EARTHDAY on 4/22.
- eBooks.com. 15% off environmental eBooks with promo code EARTHDAYBOOKCP until 4/22.
- Pumpkin & Peter Organic Cotton Clothing. This isn’t an Earth Day-specific deal, but it’s one we had to let you know about. These cute little onesies are only $8.99 for two, and they are GOTS certified. What does this mean? The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibers backed by independent certification of the textile supply chain. They commit themselves to fair trade and the earth by using certified organic cotton that is grown using sustainable farming practices without the use of toxic pesticides and fertilizers. It’s the highest rating available for organic clothing. And for your baby? Unbelievably soft, adorable clothing.
If anyone has any other earth-friendly deals, please share in the comments section. Happy Earth Day to all.
The post Earth Day 2016 Deals appeared first on Green Baby Deals.