Last updated: June 29, 2016
“A father is his daughter’s first love and his son’s first hero.”
This quote by an unknown author reminds us the importance of dads and how we should recognize and appreciate them every day, not just on Father’s Day. Now let’s talk about some deals our dads will love.
Cloth DiapersWe wouldn’t be Green Baby Deals if we didn’t talk about cloth diapers, even on Father’s Day! If you’re new to cloth diapering or thinking about making the switch from disposables, we highly recommend the BumGenius Freetime All in One diaper.
Why we love:
- All-in-one = about the easiest cloth diaper for a dad to use. No stuffing necessary.
- One-size feature (7-35+ lbs.) makes them last through the entire diaper stage, saving you tons of money.
- Flaps fold out for quick drying, ideally in the sun but also safe in the dryer.
Right now the best deal for a single diaper can be found at Pure & Simple Baby for only $16.49 (buy 3 and you’ll get free shipping).
Organic Shave GelAn easy way to start shifting to a greener lifestyle is to check out your personal products. Do they contain parabens or other toxic ingredients? You can see their EWG ratings here. If it’s time to swap them out for better ones, a great place to start is face care. Give the gift of a natural shave cream. We love the Dr. Bronner’s Organic Shaving Gel because it’s fair trade, non-GMO, organic, and a little goes a long way. If you don’t have one yet, reviewers have stated it’s very helpful to use with a badger hair shaving brush. Pair these two gifts together for under $25 and give your loved one a clean and green shaving experience.
Ideas that Won’t Break the Bank
- Print a photo and place it in a unique frame that can be found at consignment or thrift stores.
- Groupon always comes through with these last-minute deals.
- There are always huge Father’s Day tool sales at home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s and Ace (just don’t ask us what to buy there; listen to your loved one for clues).
- We love Amazon’s two-day shipping — there’s still time for these last-minute deals.
Ideas that Won’t Touch the BankWe know by now that showing our love doesn’t have to cost a dime.
- If you’re giving to a new dad, an extra hour or two for a nap or may be what he needs.
- If the kids are old enough, a handmade card or poem will last a lifetime. (If you have a baby, get the hand or footprint on the card — there’s nothing sweeter.)
- Father’s Day handmade coupons: 100% off —insert chore here—.
- Replace the wallpaper on his computer, smart phone, or tablet with a cute photo.
- Breakfast in bed (always a favorite).
- The gift of time: because there is no substitute.
Thanks for checking out our deals and wishing all a fantastic Father’s Day.
The post Father’s Day Deals 2016 appeared first on Green Baby Deals.