Special events taking place this weekend will impact traffic and parking on streets in the City of Boston. People coming into the City are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike-share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
On Monday, September 3, an anticipated 2,000 runners participating in the MR8K will leave from Causeway Street at the TD Garden and proceed along the following route beginning at 9 AM:
- Causeway Street, left to Merrimac Street, right to New Chardon Street, straight to Bowdoin Street, right to Beacon Street, left to Arlington Street, right to Commonwealth Avenue outbound, under Massachusetts Avenue, left to Charlesgate East, left to Commonwealth Avenue inbound, under Massachusetts Avenue, left to Arlington Street, right to Beacon Street, left to Bowdoin Street, straight to New Chardon Street, left to Merrimack Street, straight to Lomasney Way, right to Red Auerbach Way, finish inside the TD Garden.
All streets along the route will be closed to traffic from 8:45 AM through approximately 10:30 AM. In addition, the following temporary parking restrictions will be in effect.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Monday 6:00 am to 1:00 pm”
- Bowdoin Street, both sides, Cambridge Street to Beacon Street
- Beacon Street, both sides, Bowdoin Street to Charles Street; and, Public Garden side, Charles Street to Arlington Street
Pearl Jam at Fenway Park
Pearl Jam concerts at Fenway Park are scheduled to take place on Sunday, September 2, and Tuesday, September 4, from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Drivers are reminded that the fine for parking illegally in on-street Fenway/Kenmore Resident Parking Only spaces on event days at Fenway carries an increased fee of $100. In addition, the following temporary parking restrictions will be in effect.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday and Tuesday 2:00 pm to 11:59 pm”
- Brookline Avenue, both sides, Overland Street to Lansdowne Street
- Overland Street, even side, Brookline Avenue to David Ortiz Drive
- Boylston Street, south side, opposite Ipswich Street near Fenway Park to Brookline Avenue
- Lansdowne Street, both sides, Brookline Avenue to Ipswich Street
- Ipswich Street, Fenway Park side, Lansdowne Street to Boylston Street
- Van Ness Street, both sides, Ipswich Street to Kilmarnock Street
- Jersey Street, both sides, Van Ness Street to Brookline Avenue
- Richard B. Ross Way, both sides, Van Ness Street to Boylston Street
“Tow Zone No Parking Reserved for HP-DV Parking ONLY Sunday and Tuesday”
- Boylston Street, north side, Ipswich Street near Fenway Park to Kilmarnock Street
- Jersey Street, both sides, Boylston Street to Van Ness Street
- Overland Street, odd side, Brookline Avenue to Van Ness Street
The post Traffic Advisory September 2 through September 4 appeared first on USPress.News.