Now, Aadhaar card becomes the mandatory proof and the must for everyone. From getting mid-day meal, filing income tax to getting passport within 10 days, the importance of Aadhaar card can’t be ignored.
Easy Guide to Apply Aadhaar Card for Kids
Thinking just like voters ID, getting Aadhaar card also need certain age limit? But it’s not true! Children and kids above one year of age can apply for the unique identification number.
Why Kids Need Aadhaar Card?
Is kids too need have Aadhaar card? Now many schools ask parent to submit their kid’s Aadhaar card for admission process and for obtaining midday meals. The Human Resource Sector under the Government of India has announced that midday meal will not be free for children without Aadhaar card.
Now, Let Us Discuss “How to Apply Aadhaar Card for Kids?”
The procedure for applying Aadhaar card for kids will be as same as getting Aadhaar cards for adults. Here are the few things you need to consider about applying Aadhaar card for kids
Things to Know:
- To get an Aadhaar card, your child’s age should be above one year of age.
- No biometric data such as IRIS, thumbprints etc. will be taken from your kid, as it keeps changing up to 5 years old.
- Once your child become 5 years old, all the biometric information such as IRIS scan and fingerprint will be collected and stored in Aadhaar card database. But the Aadhaar card number for your kid won’t be changed.
- Also, after 15 years of age, the biometric information will be collected again and this will be the final data recording
Be Prepared with the Following Documents:
To apply Aadhaar card for your child, you need to keep all the below mentioned documents handy:
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Aadhaar details of the child’s parent
- Address proof of the parent
- Identity proof of the parent
Next Comes, The Process for Applying Aadhaar Card for your Kid
- To enroll Aadhaar card for your kid, first you need to visit UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India website and go to the registration link.
- You will be directed to the page with an online form. Fill out the form with all the details including Kid’s name, registered phone number of the parent, email ID of the parent and also all the required details.
- After filling the personal details, now it’s time to fill out the demographic information such as location, district, state etc.
- Now, cross check all the details provided by you and click on the “Fix Appointment” button. Once you fixed the appointment, the appointment date and time will be provided by you by Aadhaar card enrollment center, or e-Seva Kendra.
- You need to head on the given enrolment center with all the above mentioned documents. Keeping all these documents handy will avoid unnecessary delays in processing the Aadhaar card and makes the process smoother.
- During the registration, the officials will cross check all the documents of the parents to ensure accuracy. After verification, if the child is above 5 years, the biometric information will be collected or else they will provide you with the acknowledgement number.
When You Will Receive Your Aadhaar Card?
Once the verification process is successfully completed, you will receive an automatic SMS to your registered mobile number stating that you’ve enrolled an Aadhaar card for your kid. From the date of receiving this message, you will get the hard copy of Aadhaar card within 60 days of the SMS.
Download your Aadhaar Card Online
If you didn’t receive your Aadhaar within 60 days and you’re in urgent need of Aadhaar card, you can easily download it online from the website UIDAI.gov.in.
Advantages of Having Aadhaar Card for Your Child
- It gives identity to your kid/children as the Citizen of India.
- It helps to register the birth of your baby as it acts like the birth proof.
- It acts as a valid proof to be used for school admission.
- And also it compulsory for kids to get FREE midday meals in schools.
Don’t think that your kid’s Aadhaar Card is going to be lying idle in your wallet. I assure there’s definitely more and more than you think!