In the wake of many events of fraud and impersonation, the need to present a photo identity proof issued by the Government becomes mandatory as a part of job applications. The job applications whether to a public or government sector or to a private sector calls for presenting the proofs like the Driving License, the Voter ID and PAN Card.
Aadhar Card Is Compulsory For Indian Government Railway Jobs
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is no different here. But they do stand out a little unique from the current list of Government organizations who are encouraging job applications.
The Railway Recruitment Board mandates the use of the Aadhar Card for applying for its job openings. Let’s see in detail what the RRB does:
1. RRB, the resource management provider for the Indian Railways, conducts the RRB NTPC exams and other relevant exams for fulfilling the job vacancies. Please note that Indian Railways is the premier transport organization in India and the world’s second largest organization managed under a single board.
2. Since all aspirants are expected to have their Aadhar number for application, it is advised to have your Aadhar cards applied and obtained, through your Aadhar Enrollment Centers
3. If you are an applicant or job aspirant from either Jammu & Kashmir or Meghalaya or Assam, then you are exempted from this Aadhar card details for the application process. You can alternatively use one of your other identity proofs like Voter ID, Driving License or any other Government issued identity proof
4. When the job applicant appears for the exam that is scheduled by the RRB, their fingerprints are collected. The RRB then uses the Biometric attendance system for this purpose and the collected fingerprints are matched with the data on the Aadhar server
Doesn’t this sound an efficient way? Here’s a brief list of the benefits that RRB gains by making the Aadhar Card to be a compulsory identity proof for the job applicants of the Government Railway Jobs –
- Avoids duplication or impersonation
- A fool-proof and error free method of verifying the job applicants identity
- Provides a mechanism to conduct the exams in a fair and infringeable way
Next Steps by RRB
The Railway Recruitment Board has proposed to enhance the usage of the Aadhar Card in its upcoming job applying process. It has been suggested by RRB that for all the future recruitments, it will be necessary to utilize the 12 digit Aadhar card number while filling in and submitting the application.
Alternatively, the applicants can use the 28 digit Aadhar Registration Receipt’s number, if the Aadhar card is yet to be issued while submitting the application.
It has to be noted that the requirement of using either the Aadhar Card number or the Registration Receipt number is in accordance to the Aadhar Act and the Regulations under the Act. To be more specific, this is covered in the Section 57 of the Aadhar Act 2016 and the usage regulation came into effect as on 14 September 2016.