One Powerful Takeaway from this Week’s Election Results, when we take our Democracy Agenda directly to Voters, they Resoundingly Support us.
In States, Counties, and Cities, Voters gave an overwhelming Mandate to Cutting-Edge Solutions like:
- Second Chances Florida: which will Restore Voting Rights to 1.5 Million formerly Incarcerated People, the Largest Expansion of Voting Rights in Decades.
- A New Independent Ethics Commission in New Mexico: Impartial Oversight so State Officials play by the Rules and are held to the Highest possible Ethical Standards.
- Election Day Registration in Maryland: Letting Eligible Voters Securely Register right at their Polling Place, which Stops Voter Purges in their Tracks.
- Small Donor Reform in Baltimore: The system would consist of Public Matching Funds whose Source and Amount are yet to be Determined.
- Cleaning Up Missouri Politics: Addresses a Number of Current Political Abuses. It Places a Waiting Period on former Legislators who want to be Lobbyists; it Limits Lobbyists’ Gifts and Entertainment Expenditures on behalf of House and Senate Members.
NYC Wins When Everyone Can Vote! Michael H. Drucker