The Samsung Gear S2 has received a fresh update that includes new applications, watch faces and more. Perhaps the most notable additions are of the new applications, which include World Clock, ESPN and News Briefing apps. Of course, there are some more minor changes to the Contacts app and Settings to be aware of as well. Here's the full breakdown:
- This update includes new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
- Add new applications: World Clock, ESPN, News Briefing
- Add new watch faces: Mendini watch faces
- Add search function in the Contacts application
- Add new screen time out Setting (Settings - Display - Screen timeout)
- Show an unread notification indicator on the watch face
- Alert shown when Bluetooth connection is disconnected
- Enter emojis directly using the keyboard
- You should upgrade the Samsung Gear application to the latest version for this update
- Some changes may vary depending on countries
In total, the update weighs in at just over 91MB, so you may want to wait until you're on WiFi to start downloading once you're prompted.
Samsung Gear S2
- In-depth Samsung Gear S2 review
- Full Gear S2 specs
- Here are the phones that work with Gear S2
- Gear S2 vs. Apple Watch
- Join the discussion in our forums!