Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

The disastrous Munich shooting

Munich shooting:


The Munich shooting came to the public hear about a Teenage killer Ali Sonboly who was 'depressed' and 'used Facebook offer of free McDonald's food to lure victims'
The Munich shooter was an 18-year-old Iranian-German "loner" who reportedly complained of bullying shortly before gunning down his nine victims outside a shopping centre and fleeing the scene to commit suicide.

Named locally as Ali Sonboly, the killer is suspected of having used a fake Facebook account to lure young people to the Olympus shopping centre with the promise of buying them free gifts.

Instead, he opened fire outside a nearby McDonald's, leaving nine people dead and three seriously injured, while thirteen others escaped with less serious injuries.
"The perpetrator was an 18-year-old German-Iranian from Munich," police chief Hubertus Andrae told reporters after the massacre on Friday that left 10 people dead including the gunman.


"The motive or explanation for this crime is completely unclear."
The unknown killer struck in the area around the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum (OEZ) shopping mall on Friday afternoon.

Chilling video footage showed a man opening fire on terrified members of the public outside a McDonald's restaurant.
One witness told how she was in the fast food shop at the time when he burst out of the toilets and began shooting children as they ate.

He is then thought to have charged out of the restaurant and fired at passers-by before running over the road and into the OEZ mall where he continued his bloody rampage.
Armed police swarmed the area while Munich was put on a city-wide lockdown as officers searched for the crazed killer.

Hours after the attack a body was found around 1km away from the shooting which police later said they believed to be that of the gunman who killed himself and, investigators believe, acted alone.

Reports are now emerging that seven of Sonboly’s nine victims were teenagers.
According to BILD’s Oliver Grothmann, three were aged 14, two were aged 15, one aged 17, one aged 19, one aged 20 and one aged 45.
BILD have also published what they claim is the first image of Ali Sonboly.

The picture is so far unconfirmed.
11:43
'Shooter may have hacked a Facebook account and lured people to mall' - Police
Munich police investigator Robert Heimberger said it appears that the shooter hacked a Facebook account and sent a message urging people to come to the mall for a free McDonald’s.
The posting, sent from a young woman’s account, urged people to come to the mall at 4 p.m., saying: “I’ll give you something if you want, but not too expensive.”
Heimberger said: “It appears it was prepared by the suspect and then sent out.”
The woman shortly after reported that her account had been hacked.
11:15

'No suicide note'
Police say they have not found any kind of suicide note at the shooter’s home.
They emphasise they have found no links Islamic State and the teenager was not a refugee.
He may have been suffering from a depressive illness and this appears to have been a “classic shooting rampage”, according to police.

'Shooter's weapon had serial number removed'
"He lived right next to me," Bild quoted a neighbour as saying. "A friend of mine went to school with him and said he was rather a quiet guy. He recognised him from the videos from the scene."
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier also said the motive for the attack was not yet clear.

"The motives for this abhorrent act have not yet been completely clarified - we still have contradictory clues," German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said in a statement.
Police say the shooter was using a 9 mm pistol which had the serial number removed.
They are now trying to trace its source.

In his backpack they found a lot of ammunition - around 300 rounds.
Police repeat that they have found no indication of links to Islamic State so far.
They have seized computer data and materials.
No indication of links to the Islamic State'
Police confirm that the attacker was 18-years-old from Munich.
He was of Iranian and German nationality.
Police have searched his home address including his bedroom.
“There are no indications of links to the Islamic State.”

Timeline
Nine people were murdered and 16 injured when a gunman opened fire at a Munich shopping centre before killing himself.
Here is a timeline of the massacre.

follow us on Twitter @GloberGist
or facebook 


This post first appeared on Kingkay, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

The disastrous Munich shooting

×

Subscribe to Kingkay

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×