This post was originally published on this site
In its community forums, Oneplus announced Open Beta 31 for the OnePlus 5, Open Beta 29 for the OnePlus 5T, Open Beta 17 for the OnePlus 6, and Open Beta 9 for the OnePlus 6T.
One notable inclusion is a warning whenever the device is overheating. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 is already a beefy chipset, so running incomplete software can lead to instances of the phone running a bit hotter than usual. It’s nice to get a warning when that happens, though your hands will eventually feel that warning.
Also new is the updated UI for the System Update screen within Settings. There’s no functional difference at play, though elements appear cleaner and more organized.
You can check out the complete changelog below. Download links aren’t yet available, but we’ll update this article once they go live on OnePlus’ website.
- Display overheating device warning
- New UI for system update
- Quick reply
- Supported more IM apps for quick reply in landscape
- Apps don’t get paused when using quick reply in landscape
- Optimized search experience by adding search field and grouping search results in different categories
- Improved the UI of Social page
- Optimized log recording in Bug Report section
- File manager
- Added intelligent cleanup feature (India only/OnePlus 6 and 6T only)
NEXT: OnePlus ad in NYT references that U2 iTunes thing for some reason
The post Latest beta for the OnePlus 5, 5T, 6, and 6T warns of overheating, and more appeared first on The Parrot of the Internet.