With great reputation comes great responsibility to innovate, and Makita has shown that it understands this burden well. Given that the responsibility is especially heavy at the cutting edge of the blower market, we find Makita pushing out the Makita XBU02PT 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless Leaf Blower with the almost unheard of dual batteries, excellent motors and a design that is both innovative and keeps the best features of Makita’s past feats in ergonomics. Yet too much power can be difficult to handle and can prove to be a terrible drain on battery power. As we learned though, Makita provided for these possible problems, but the new users still need to keep a few things in mind.
See also >>> Best Leaf Vacuum Mulcher
Main Features: Makita XBU02PT Brushless Cordless Leaf Blower
1. Massive Blowing Power – At this price point, it is to be expected that Makita would attract professionals who have large yards or work others’ yards for a living. To this end, this muscleman of a blower disposes 473CFM at speeds of 120mph. If this seems somewhat unimpressive on paper, consider users who finished moderately large yards in 5-6 minutes running this unit at full throttle. One flip side though, is that the unit tends to push too much against the user’s arm at the highest settings, and this can cause added muscle fatigue for those who are unused to garden work.
2. Multiple Speeds With Control Trigger – Makita understands that hurricanes aren’t always in order, and for this reason, has provided a useful graded scale of speeds 1 through 6. While many noted that speed 3 was great for minute tasks, speed 6 could blow an entire yard in less than ten minutes. Most notably though, the unit’s speed control trigger allows for finer adjustments, which may be needed for dealing with flower beds, gutters and indoor jobs.
Shop now at Amazon.com
3. Immensely Powerful Motor – Motors are the heard and soul of all power tools, and the brushless one provided in this beast is a BL-grade beauty. In layman’s speak, this implies that the motor can survive long periods of extensive work without needing maintenance. Such work, of course, involves the hurricane grade blowing that this blower is capable of.
4. Powerful fan With Noise Control – Complementing the motor muscle is a three-blade fan that manages to do justice to the motor without waking up the neighbours. Indeed, users noted that this fan design, coupled with the additional sponge housing, managed to produce just a warm humming noise. Even when expressing itself with full force, the blower proved much quieter than gas or even other electric leaf blowers in the price range. This makes it ideal for use by professionals in localities with strict noise rules.
Shop now at Amazon.com
5. Dual Battery Juice With Fast Charging – Makita knew that a single battery, regardless of the voltage and amperage, would prove a drag on the motor muscle of the unit. For this reason, they seem to have opted for dual batteries, each rated at 18V. Even better, the unit accepts 18V batteries with capacities of up to 6Ah each, which keeps the motor humming at full tilt for much longer than the competition. Even better, this dual battery design ensures that even if one battery fails, a spare one can be kept at hand to keep the show going. Charging too seems faster, though verifying Makita’s fast charging claims minutely proved to be beyond us.
a. Immense blowing power at top speed
b. Excellent motor provides great speeds that can be manipulated with ease.
c. Dual batteries and fast charging prove especially useful for large yards and battery failure scenarios.
d. Excellent fan and insulation ensure great blowing power without much accompanying noise.
a. Massive blowing power proves a strain on the arms of folks new to garden management.
This post first appeared on Best Leaf Vacuum Shredder Reviews And Buying Guide, please read the originial post: here