Frosty Mod Manager is a video game utility program that allows you to organize and manage mods for various games using the Frostbite Engine. This handy modding tool is considered the most advanced modding platform for games running on DICE’s Frostbite game engine.
It’s not only a manager program, but the software also includes a mod editor for anyone who would like to make their mods and apply them to the games compatible with Frosty. If you would like to create mods, this is a good utility tool to try if the games you own use Frostbite.
Where can you find Mods
Many mods that apply to Dragon Age: Inquisition can be found on the Nexus website. However, you can also find other mods on gaming pages on Tumblr.
Read Also: How to Install Torchlight 2 Mods
Types of mods
Although the Frostbite Engine has limited what modders can do with the game, there are still a variety of mods available. You can change things such as your character’s hairstyle and much more.
The types of mods available for Dragon Age Inquisition are:
- Hair mods – Hair Re-texture mod, Hair Pack mod
- Complexion mods – Eyebrows 4 Women and Katherine Face Texture mod
- Armor mods – Increase Inventory Capacity mod, No Class Restriction
- Companion mods – Party at the Winter Palace mod, Multiple Romances mod
- Gameplay change mods – Search Radius Increased mod, Fall Damage Nullified mod
- Reshade Presets – Reshade mod, Sweet FX mod
How to install mods in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Head over to nexusmods
- Key in any of the mods above and press ‘Search’.
- You can also click on ‘BROWSE ALL FILES’ and select the mod file that you want to download.
- Click on it and choose a destination for your mod file
- Click ‘Save’.
Remember that modding Dragon Age: Inquisition is risky. If you’re going to mod your game, please back up your saves to an earlier time before you added mods; that way, if a mod breaks your game, you can just remove it and pick up the game from where you left off.
Read Also: Prey cheat engine tables and best cheating mods
Follow these steps to back up your saves:
- Open the Dragon Age: Inquisition folder
- Right-click on the Save folder
- Select ‘Copy’ from the drop-down menu
- Click anywhere on your desktop and left-click and ‘Paste’
PS: You have to launch your game through the Frosty Mod Manager every time you want to play. This will allow the mods you’ve downloaded to work in the game.
You can check out this mod installation guide for more details about the procedure.
How to install the frosty mod manager
- Locate the .exe file of the Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Create a new folder in the same location in step 1 and name it Frosty Mod Manager.
- Head over to frostytoolsuite.com
- Click on ‘Downloads’
- Select Mod Manager and press ‘Download’
- Locate the downloaded file and move it to the Frosty Mod Manager folder in step 2.
- The downloaded file will be compressed. You will need a zip file opener to extract its contents.
- Open the .exe file extracted above to complete the installation.
How to use the frosty mod manager
- Open the frosty mod manager .exe file
- A configuration screen will pop up. Press ‘New’.
- Select the game’s .exe file from the menu presented on your screen. This will allow you to apply mods to the game.
- Press ‘Open’.
- Once the Dragon Age: Inquisition file loads on the configuration screen, press ‘Select’.
- This will bring you to a new screen. It should be written Frosty Mod Manager with its version number on the screen’s title bar.
- Drag and drop the mod you want to apply on the new screen.
- The mod will appear on the left side of the screen under a column titled, ‘Available Mods’
- To apply it, double-click the mod.
- The mod will now appear on the right side of the screen under a column titled, ‘Applied Mods’.
- Press the ‘Launch’ option at the top of the screen.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition will now load with the new mod that has been applied.
- You can add a variety of mods using the steps above. This will make the game more fun.
Always launch the Dragon Age: Inquisition using the frosty mod manager so that you can use the mods you have applied to it. If you have any questions surrounding this topic, please let us know in the comments below.
Read Also: How to Install Battlefront 2 mods
The post How to use frosty mod manager in Dragon Age Inquisition appeared first on GameCMD.