Uber is an incredibly popular ridesharing app. Recently, it revealed its aim to test flying cars in 2020. Without a doubt, Uber is committed to constant development. No matter how convenient it (here, Uber app) is, some do not have a clue at all (or confused about certain things) while using the app.
Do you want to know more about how to use Uber app? How to cash-in on promo codes? Fret not, we got your back! In this article, we’ve mentioned everything essential you would want to know about the Uber app and services.
How to Sign up for Uber
A couple of years back, we were required to provide a bunch of information in order to sign up. Today, to sign up for an Uber account, you just need to provide your mobile number after having it installed on your device (Android or iOS).
You will receive an authentication code via SMS to verify whether the number belongs to you. After confirming the mobile number, you will have to enter a valid Email ID. That is just about it! You can now use the Uber app to book rides! (a mean of payments will be required later)
You can also sign up through a browser by visiting the Get Uber page.
How to book an Uber ride
Booking a ride is not a rocket science. However, you do not want to book an invalid ride. You have to be careful about the pickup location and destination (double check the city on the map… neighboring cities may have similar street names). So, here’s how to book an Uber ride:
- Enter your destination in the “Where To?” box as shown in the image above.
- The pickup location will be the current GPS location. Do not worry if the GPS coordinates point to a wrong location; you can change that later by tapping on the pickup location and set it manually by moving the pin location.
- After you are done selecting the destination point, you will be asked to confirm whether you are the rider or is it a ride for your loved ones (a feature recently introduced).
- If it isn’t for anyone else, you can proceed requesting a ride by selecting either of the options available (UberPOOL, UberX, UberBLACK, UberXL, SUV, CAR SEAT, WAV or UberRUSH — definitions below).
- If you want to book a ride for your loved ones, you can tap on “Someone else” in the rider confirmation screen and then select the rider.
- Now, you need to tap on “CONFIRM UBERX” to request a ride. You can click on the schedule icon right next to the confirm button if you want to schedule the ride.
Key Terms You Need To Know About Before Booking An Uber Ride
- UberPOOL – A vehicle option where you share the ride with other people on your way (lower rates).
- UberX – An affordable vehicle option if you want to reserve a ride for yourself (2-3 people max).
- UberBLACK – A premium vehicle option if you want a luxurious car for the ride.
- UberXL – A vehicle option for a group of people (affordable).
- SUV – A premium vehicle option for a group of individuals.
- CAR SEAT – A vehicle option for parents around New York City for your kids.
- WAV – It is an option to choose if you want a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- UberRUSH – If you want to deliver something, you might want to choose this.
How to know the Fare Breakdown for your Uber ride
You can observe the estimated cost while booking your ride. However, if you want to know about the detailed fair estimate (how it is calculated), you can tap on the “i” (information) icon after selecting the type of ride and then again tap on the “i” icon in the information window as shown in the image above.
How to Set a Payment method for Uber rides
If you prefer paying cash, there is nothing you need to do for the payment stuff. If you want to utilize a mobile wallet or debit/credit card, you would need to add the details first.
- Tap on the menu icon (top left corner of the screen) to access the options.
- Head into the “Payment” option.
- You can observe cash payment method already being listed. If there’s a mobile wallet app (depending on your location), it would probably show in the payment methods if Uber supports its integration (like PayTM for Indian users). In either case, you can easily add credit/debit cards. Now, you need to click on “Add Payment Method” to add a credit/debit card.
How to redeem Promo Codes
For new users, you can find a couple of promo codes which could give you 75% off or multiple free rides for a limited period. Unfortunately, that is not the case for existing users. If you are lucky enough, you could grab a sweet promo code being an existing user.
Whatever be the case, you can apply the promo codes through the Payment options. You will find the option to “Add Promo/Gift Code” right below the option to add a payment method. Simply, tap on it and enter the promo code and then apply it to enjoy the benefits.