I’ve been using Facebook for a long time. Over the years, it has become an important part of my social life. With a good many features to let me communicate with my friends and loved ones, the social media app has played a major role in the way I interact with my friends online.
There are certain problems which several Facebook users (including me) often report like, the slow Loading of the app. On numerous occasions, it gets stuck while loading and just doesn’t seem to be ending anywhere.
I have experienced the sluggish loading of Facebook or Facebook Messenger quite a number of times. Initially, I couldn’t fix this issue. But once I tried out some tricks it worked in resolving the problem. Have you also encountered this issue? Try out these tips!
How to Fix the Slow Loading of Facebook
- Quit the app and launch it again.
- Turn on/ off Wi-Fi/ Cellular Data a few times.
- Clear history and website data
In Safari: Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data
In Chrome: Chrome menu>Settings>Privacy> Select the data type you want to get rid of> Tap on Clear.
- Delete Facebook and Reinstall it Again.
I’ve been able to fix this problem so many times by following this trick. It may work for you as well.
- Are you using a third party app to view your Facebook data? It may be creating the problem. Download the stock app.
- Reboot your iPhone. Hold on the Sleep/Wake button and Home button at once.
- Reset All Settings. (Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings). Resetting your device to factory settings may be a bit lengthy but has the knack the help you get rid of it.
- Make sure that Facebook is up-to-date. Go to App Store and check out if it’s updated to the latest version or not.
- Make sure the internet works in other apps. Try to launch other apps to ensure that the internet is properly working on your device.
- Some VPN (Virtual Private Network) may be rather sluggish while loading it. It might also be trying to block the app. Disable VPN and check out if the social media app loads without it.
- DNS server settings may be causing the issue if it’s not up to the mark. Change DNS settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Report the problem to Facebook. Luckily, there is an option to report any problem related to the app.
More tab>Help and Support>Report a Problem> Something isn’t Working> Now, you need to choose what’s not working for you and give a brief explanation about the issue and then send it.
Have these tips worked in resolving the problem? Do let us know in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.