Whenever I get time, I like to catch up with some of my favorite episodes in Podcasts app. There is one little, but a very handy feature which I always admire is the ability to change Podcast playback speed on iPhone. The option to speed up or slow down any podcast playback speed offers me the desired convenience to listen to any program at my own pace.
Luckily, it's very easy to fine tune the playback speed of any podcast on iOS devices. Want to find out how it's done the right way? Let's get through the quick steps!
How to Speed Up or Slow Down Podcast Speed on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Launch Podcasts app on your iOS device.
Step #2. Play any podcast as usual → Tap on Podcast Name.
Step #3. Now, you have three options–
- 1x – It is set as the default playback speed.
- 5x – It allows podcast to play 50% faster. I find it more convenient as it not just keeps the speed at a normal level but also maintains pretty good pitch and sound which can easily be understood.
- 2x – It doubles the playback speed. It becomes very useful especially in a situation when you want to listen to any episode fast. The only disadvantage of it is that it changes the tone and pitch of voices.
In order to increase the speed by 50%, tap on the 1x button once. If you want to double the playback speed of the podcast, simply tap the 1x button twice.
To slow down the podcast, just tap on the speed button. If the speed is doubled, tap on it once to get down to 1/2x. Tap on it again to go back to the default speed.
I find Podcasts app very useful as it's easy-to-use. However, there are a number of third-party alternatives which offer better user-experience. Which is the one feature you like most in this app and is there any new feature you want to see in it? Share your valuable feedback in the comments below.
You might want to read these articles as well:
- How to Skip Forward/Backward 10 Seconds in YouTube on iPhone
- How to Enable Dark Mode in YouTube
- How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone
To read more such quick tips, download our app and stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.