The mobile app development is surely top revenue generating business in the modern world and it is no easy task. With billions of smartphone users around the world there are even more number of apps which are built for all the smartphone users. And with the growing number of users of the app the Security for it also becomes a huge concern. There are lots of operating systems around the world like Android, iOS, Windows etc. but as everyone knows Android shares a mega market among the smartphone users around the world. And the same reason that the android being used by majority of the people around the world it is the prime target for the cyber attackers and hackers. The security menace for the Android devices still exists and is rising the tension amongst the app developers and users, but it is important to know how strong or weak our security is and how much damage can be caused to our devices due to any kind of breach into our system.
This post will give you some basic knowledge on the potential Security Threats and challenges that as an app developer you must take into notice.
1) Beware of harmful Software
- A majority of android smartphones say about more than 90% of it are always at a danger of being attacked by the Hackers, Harmful software or any kind of Malware.
- The users are always at a risk of being the victims of Malware attacks on the mobile phones by the harmful software.
- Our devices are already open to 75000 known security threats some of them which are Andr/Generic-S, Andr/Apps-C, Andr/BBridge-A etc.
- These malware attacks can comprise of any sort of illegal activities from your device and can even get access to your personal accounts, advertisements on the phone and also any sort privacy breach.
2) Be careful in giving permission to the apps
- It is advisable to always be careful while granting permissions to unknown apps from accessing any information from your device.
- This is found to be one of the major security threats to most of the android users and it is also a problem amongst other Operating Systems.
- This happens because even app developers get confused on to what all permissions they need to add in a particular app which usually results in overload of irrelevant app permission requests from the user.
3) Malware in the operating systems
- When we customize the operating system it also faces a major threat for the android platform to the malware attacks.
- When the users jailbreak the operating system the OS gets vulnerable to lot of serious threats as it will compromise its security very much.
4) Threats from Google’s Play store
- There is a potential even in the Google play store as many apps that are not checked properly through all the security tests can easily harm your smartphone device.
- When users download and start using a particular app they mostly don’t pay attention to the app permissions they are accepting.
- Accepting all the permissions while the downloading can put the security at greater risks many times.
5) Downloading from other sources
- When the users try to download from other app stores other than the Google Play store there are huge chances of being affected by malware attacks.
- Downloading from unknown websites in order to avoid payment of the apps result in malware attacks in your device through the app.
The security breach in the Android is a big trouble as there are lots of vulnerabilities in it and these vulnerabilities can cause lot of security threats for your smartphones. If you are planning to build an app by hiring an android developer expert then always make sure that he is aware of all the latest security threats and is experienced with all the tricks and know how to cope with all the security risks.
Related Article: Top 5 Helpful Tips for App Marketing to Create User Engagement
This post first appeared on Arth I-Soft Blog - IPhone Mobile Application Devel, please read the originial post: here