There has been a huge buzz about augmented and virtualy lately. In fact during the recent Google I/O, one of the focus products of the company is the future of mixed reality and their plans to bring it to more people.
Today, June 24, Asus Philippines finally launched the ASUS Zenfone AR, the first smartphone which supports both Daydream and Tango; and the first smartphone to have 8GB RAM. While the latter version won’t come to PH – as they are initially bringing in 6gb variant – the device gained a lot of interest in tue mixed reality enthusiast scene and consumera who dearly love to own a powerful smartphone.
How powerful, you asked. Check out the specs below, and our review on this link.
Asus Zenfone AR Specs:
- 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Quad-Core Processor
- 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4 RAM, up to 256GB of internal storage expandable via microSD card (up to 2TB)
- 5.7-inch WQHD Super AMOLED Display (2560 x 1440 pixels), Gorilla Glass 4 Protection
- 23MP Rear Camera, f/2.0, 6P Largan Lens, OIS, TriTech AF System
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0, 85˚ wide-viewing angle
- TriCam System for Tango (Motion Tracking, Depth Sensing)
- ASUS ZenUI 3.0 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3,300mAh battery, Power Delivery 2.0, Quick Charge 3.0
- Dual SIM, 4G/LTE
- 5-magnet speaker, DTS Headphone:X
- USB Type-C
- Sensors: Accelerator, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity, Hall, Ambient light, RGB, IR, Fingerprint, Barometer
The smartphone will be available this July 2017 for PhP44,495. It will be bundled with a free ZenPower Ultra.
ASUS launched the new Zenfone during the final day and judging of the first AR/VR Hackathon of ASUS in the country.