Nord VPN helps you in protecting your online browsing activities by keeping your identity anonymous and encrypting the information. It also helps you in unblocking the blocked websites from any location and keeping your network location completely hidden. Thus, you don’t need to worry about your online browsing activities being tracked by someone else.
If you are living in a country or planning a visit to a country where websites like Facebook, YouTube and Google are blocked, you need an excellent VPN provider in order to unblock these websites. Nord VPN will help you to connect to internet without bothering about those restrictions and browsing the internet securely.
Nord VPN presents itself as one of the robust VPN providers with high speed, flawless installation, top class encryption, and 6 simultaneous connections. It also features an increased validation of encrypted protocols, thus providing a very secured VPN Connection to its users. It also provides features like Dedicated IP addresses, Automatic Kill Switch, and Double VPN to its users.
Encryption protocols: Nord VPN provides support for all major encryption protocols which can be used for connecting to their accounts namely OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2/IPsec. All of these provide different features.
OpenVPN provides cross platform portability and has a highly secure AES-256 bit key encryption and can work on both TCP as well as UDP protocols. It uses digital certificates for authenticating data. It provides very high speed and secure connection having ability to bypass almost all firewalls, ISPs and networks. It is used by default in Nord VPN apps.
PPTP is Point-to-Point Tunneling protocol for Windows Operating System which provides a 128 bit basic encryption and is supported by large number of devices. It provides high speed connection and the setup/configuration is pretty easy. But due to its low level of encryption, it is less secure that OpenVPN and sometimes have unstable connections.
L2TP/IPSec provides a secure connection having 256 bit key encryption and provides a stable connection on every device. It can easily bypass restrictions imposed by ISPs or networks. The connection speed gets impacted due to additional security.
IKEv2/IPsec provides a secure connection having 256 bit key encryption and Nord VPN uses Next Generation Encryption in it. It provides high security, high speed and privacy to the users. It is a secure, fast, open source protocol for mobile users due to its improved ability to reconnect. Therefore, it is used as by default in iOS and macOS apps by Nord VPN.
- Simultaneous connections: It allows you to connect to your Nord VPN account with 6 simultaneous connections using different devices. Therefore, you get the freedom to use any device such as Laptop, Desktop Computer, Smartphones, Tablets, Routers, Video gaming consoles, and Android TV.
- Number of countries with servers and number of servers: It has got a wide global network coverage with servers present in 61 countries covering a total of 2097 servers. It has 948 servers in America’s, 998 servers in Europe, 139 servers in Asia Pacific, and 24 servers in Africa, Middle East and India.
- Server changes allowed: It allows you to have unlimited server switches. Therefore, you can easily switch from one server to another server instantly any number of times.
- Apps: It provides apps for all major operating systems including Windows, Linux and Mac. Apart from the desktop application, it also offers dedicated mobile app for Android and iOS devices. It also has app for Blackberry, Chromium, Wireless Routers, and NAS.
- Customer service: It offers 24*7*365 days of customer support service. You can contact them using Live online chat, Support Tickets, and Contact Forms. Live chat option is accessible all 7 days in a week so that you can contact the Customer service representative to get your query resolved at the earliest. You can also open a Support ticket easily to get your query answered directly in your mailbox. Your support ticket is forwarded automatically to the concerned department which helps you in resolving the issues like Connection problems, Billing issues, Speed issues, etc. They also have an up to dated Help section providing most of the FAQs which helps you in resolving your issue on your own.
- Trial period or Money back guarantee: It provides a 3 day free trial to try out their VPN service for free without providing any credit card information. It also provides a 30 days money back guarantee for its users whose accounts are in good standing.
- Special features: It provides dedicated IP addresses to its users which can be used to access the IP restricted networks easily, assures the best connection speed and provides full protection from any DDoS hacking attacks. It provides special features like Smart DNS, DDoS protection, and Web proxy extensions. It also has CyberSec feature which helps in blocking suspicious websites and malwares to keep your device safe and secure. Its Double VPN feature ensures that your online activities are encrypted twice by making the connection go through two different servers from two different locations.
- Company ubicated under which jurisdiction: The Company comes under the jurisdiction of Panama.
Prices and Plans
Nord VPN provides 3 different plans to choose from for its customers as per their needs and requirements.
If you wish to use the services of Nord VPN on a monthly basis, there is a plan of $11.95 per month. This plan is best suited for those who want to use the services of Nord VPN for a short duration such as for travelling to a location for a short term, watching a TV show or a grand sports event.
The second plan comes for $5.75 per month if you want to use the services for 1 year. Therefore, you will be billed $69 every 12 months if you opt for this plan.
The third plan is for $3.29 per month for those who wish to use the services of Nord VPN for 2 years. Therefore, you will be billed $79 every 2 years if you opt for this long term plan.
We would suggest you to opt for the third plan which offers 2 Year subscription at $3.29 per month because by going for this plan you would not have to worry about getting your plan renewed every month which will save your time. Also, the services being offered in all the three plans are exactly the same like unlimited bandwidth, high speed connection, 24*7 customer support and access to all the servers and there is no difference in them.
No logging policy: Nord VPN provides complete privacy to its users and doesn’t keep a track of the browsing activities at all including your downloads and visited sites. It comes under the jurisdiction of Panama and is not mandatory to store the logs as there are no government restrictions on surveillance of internet browsing. Therefore, users get complete privacy for browsing internet using Nord VPN.
6 simultaneous connections: Nord VPN allows you to connect up to 6 different devices from your VPN account. Most of the VPNs provide at most 2 simultaneous connections from their account which is a limitation for the users who want to connect more devices. Thus Nord VPN overcomes this drawback by allowing 6 simultaneous connections. This helps in protecting all your devices in home or office network individually.
Supports all major Encryption Protocols: Nord VPN provides support for 4 different encryption protocols for connecting to internet including OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, and IKEv2. Because of this, it is highly secure and reliable in visiting the restricted websites in certain locations and at the same time not compromising with the privacy of the user.
By default, it uses OpenVPN encryption protocol which uses digital certificates for validating the authenticity of data and at the same time providing very high speed for sending and receiving data. The encryption keeps you safe from hackers, phishing attempts, and online thefts by keeping your identity anonymous.
Advanced features like CyberSec, Double VPN, and Automatic Kill Switch: It provides an excellent feature called CyberSec which helps in automatically blocking the suspicious websites and malwares in order to keep your device safe and secure. This also helps in protection from the DDoS attacks.
Double VPN feature helps you by encrypting your online activities twice before actually connecting you to the internet by making the connection go through two different servers from two different locations. Thus it provides an extra layer of security for your VPN connection.
Automatic Kill Switch helps you in securing your device by automatically blocking your connected device or terminating certain programs if your VPN connection is disconnected. Thus it ensures that your online data is not exposed to anyone over the internet when you are not connected via Nord VPN.
Issues with customer support: Though it offers 24*7 customer support and responds pretty quickly to your queries, still it doesn’t provide the telephonic support to its customers for faster response. Sometimes, you don’t get answers to your queries in a timely manner and the technicians are not able to solve all your problems without the screen share feature.
Very high price for monthly users: Nord VPN is very costly if you are using it for a short term and you need to spend $11.95 for using its services for a month. This makes it expensive than other VPN providers. If you need VPN only for a short term like when you are travelling to a particular location where there are restrictions or limitations on certain websites, then using its services will be costly for you.
Fluctuating speeds: Some of its servers do not work with their highest speed and often there are fluctuations in the speed of the connection. Though it is an issue with only some of the servers, but those occasional disconnections with some servers are irritating while browsing internet.
Nord VPN provides great services to its users by giving them a fairly high speed, secured and reliable VPN connection all over the world. It covers a total of 61 countries with 2000+ servers. Its secured and reliable encryption lets you bypass the geographical restrictions and censorship being imposed in several countries of the world. It allows you to connect 6 devices simultaneously using your account which is one of the best features of using it. It also provides dedicated IP addresses in order to access the IP restricted networks and getting the best connection speed.
It makes sure that your browsing activities on the internet are securely encrypted twice using its Double VPN feature and no one else can see what you are browsing. Thus it makes your privacy completely secured by hiding your IP address from online trackers and ad networks. It supports all major devices and has got a dedicated iOS and Android app available for its users. The customer support works 24*7 and you can easily contact them via live chat, support forum, and email.
Overall, Nord VPN is the ultimate choice for a reliable VPN service provider as it has got fairly high speed connection, high end data security via various encryption protocols, allowing up to 6 simultaneous connections and secured internet browsing.
Nord VPN would be an excellent choice as it offers excellent features as a VPN service provider in terms of speed, security, privacy, and reliability. With all these features it is a top-notch VPN provider among its major counterparts.
The post NordVPN Review appeared first on Laptop HQ.