Amazon Fire TV features and prices
The Fire TV Cube is Amazon’s way of pushing and integrating its Alexa intelligent virtual assistant into your home entertainment system. The trillion – dollar American technology company already owns two of the industry’s leading smart home products: the Amazon Echo (and Echo Dot) smart home speaker series and the Fire TV media streamer that makes your ordinary (read: stupid) TV smart.
However, the Fire TV Cube is Amazon, which combines these two products in a small cube that fits perfectly into your pocket. The Cube is the future of home TV entertainment, being the latest addition to Amazon’s Fire TV series. Although this is the first-generation edition and the hardware, its features and overall technology are still relatively new, the Fire TV Cube is undoubtedly a revolutionary Amazon gadget and a perfect addition to users whose streaming needs are fully supplied by Amazon. .
Specifications for Amazon Fire Cube TV
- Size – 3.4 x 3.4 x 3.0 inch (86.1 mm x 86.1 mm x 76.9 mm)
- Weight – 16.4 oz (465 g)
- Processor – Quad-core up to 1.5 GHz | ARM 4xCA53
- GPU – Mali450 MP3
- Storage – 16 GB internal
- Memory – 2 GB
- Wi-Fi connectivity – Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth – BT 4.2 and BLE
- Ports – HDMI, Power, Micro USB, Wired Infrared support
- Included audio/Speaker – Built-in 1.6-inch (40 mm) speaker to interact with Alexa–even when the TV is off.
- Audio support – Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass through up to 5.1
- Content formats supported – Video: HDR-10. H.265, H.264, Audio: AAC-LC, AC3, eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, Dolby Atmos (EC3_JOC), Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Supported Video Output resolution – 2160p, 1080p, and 720p up to 60 fps
While called the Fire TV Cube, the device is not entirely a cube because it has a size of 3.4 x 3.4x 3.0 inches, which means that its height is shorter than its length and width. The device is small, however, and may not be noticed when placed on your TV or at your entertainment centre.
The device is made entirely out of plastic that feels solid and sturdily built. All the connection ports needed to power the device and connect to your TV, speakers, and the internet are on the rear of the device. As listed above, port selection on the device includes the HDMI (sadly there’s no cable out-of-the-box), power port, wired infrared (IR) extender and a micro USB port.
Eight (8) far-field microphones are embedded at the top of the device. They are visible, quite easy to see without looking closer and taking voices from anywhere in the room. The Fire TV speaker is at a rather awkward position: at the bottom of the device. The speaker is 1.6-inch in size and, despite the sound, echoes Alexa’s answers loudly enough for users to hear only when the TV is switched off. Alternatively, all answers are routed via your TV speakers or your home theater speakers and audio bars.
Of course, the speaker of Fire TV is nowhere near the speakers of Echo and is not ideal for playing music on its own. The bright blue LED light at the top of the device is also an excellent esthetic addition.
The Fire TV Cube is smart. You can safely say that it is cleverer than other Amazon Fire TV and Echo speakers. Without raising your voice, the device’s 8 remote microphones can take commands up to 20 meters away. Below is some of the capabilities of Amazon Fire TV Cube:
- Vocally increase or lower the volume of your TV
- Turn your TV on and off using “Alexa, turn on/off the TV” command
- Switch between multiple TV inputs with ease using voice commands e.g.”Alexa, switch to HDMI 2,” “Alexa, switch to PlayStation,” or “Alexa, switch to Roku.”
- Tune to and switch between TV shows and channel e.g. “Alexa, watch Mission Impossible,” or “Alexa, show me action movies.”
- Pause and resume TV shows, movies, etc.
- The Fire TV Cube is capable of muting audio on other devices when you say the “Alexa” wake-word, so you can hear its responses
Basically, Amazon puts the remote control of your TV and whole entertainment system in your mouth with the Fire TV Cube. And while the device itself is equipped with a remote control, you should still use your voice for certain actions such as changing volume.
The functionality of the Fire TV Cube is not limited to your TV set, it spreads widely across your sound bar, satellite boxes and cable TVs, etc.
The Fire TV Cube was released by Amazon back in June 2018. The launched with a price of $119.99 but currently sells at a deal price of $69.99 on Amazon.
tell us your opinion about this Amazon Fire TV?
Let us know in the comments section below!
The post Features and prices of Amazon Fire TV appeared first on Technology Guide World.