Google Chrome has always been my favorite Browser since I started using Windows OS. Most valuable part of chrome is that they support millions of useful extensions. And on the top of it, you can manually add an Extension to chrome. But a few days ago I found an error while manually adding the Extension to Chrome. It says “Attempted to Downgrade Extension“. But luckily I found a solution that is working.
If you are getting the same error while manually adding the extension to chrome, then this method will definitely work for you. Mostly the issue appears with the extension file of IDM. To fix the Attempted to Downgrade Extension problem you have to just follow few simple steps. It will hardly take around a minute. So let’s move to the working method.
Also Read: How to Resume Non-Resumable file in IDM
Fix: Attempted to Downgrade Extension
For better understanding, I will take an example of IDM extension. This will help you to easily understand steps to fix Attempted to Downgrade Extension. You can also watch the Video tutorial to solve this error.
- Open Extension page in Google Chrome (chrome://extensions/).
- Also, open the installed file location of the App you want to move extension. For eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager.
- Now search for extension file with .crx extension.
- Then copy the extension file and paste it into Desktop.
- Change the file extension from .crx to .zip file extension.
- Extract the .zip file into the desktop.
- Go back to extension page on Chrome.
- Now check the Developer Mode and then Click on Load Unpack Extension.
- Locate and select the extracted file and then click on OK.
- Done now you can see the extension successfully added to the chrome extension page.
Also Read: 5 Best Methods to Download Torrent Files with IDM
So this was the tutorial on How to fix Attempted to downgrade Extension. I hope this method works for you. And if still, you are facing issues you can contact our team members on Facebook or Comment below. For more solutions on Android ow Windows problem and tricks follow our website.
The post How to Fix: Attempted to Downgrade Extension [Easy Guide] appeared first on YTECHB - Android Tips & Tricks, iOS 11 Features, Accessories, Reviews.