There are multiple reasons you might want to change your IP Address and multiple types of IP addresses you're able to change. It's important to realize which kind you're interested in changing before continuing.
The use of internet and smartphones have been increased. It also came with its own disadvantages. Because of this, some countries have been marked as Fraudulent and therefore, people who want to access some features on the internet from such countries have been denied the opportunity of doing so.
This has caused unbearable hardship for people from countries like Nigeria. to avoid this, people resort to changing the IP addresses of their android and PC so as to enjoy these blocked features.
Why Change Your IP Address?
Some people change their public, external IP address to avoid online bans or to bypass country location restrictions that some sites impose on their video content.
Changing the IP address of a client computer, phone or router is useful when:
- You've accidentally configured an invalid address, such as a static IP address in the wrong numeric range
- Using a malfunctioning router that's providing bad addresses, such as one already being used by another computer on the network
- Installing a new router and re- configuring your home network to use its default IP address range
Benefits of Changing Your IP Address
These are some major advantages of changing your device IP Address.
1. When you change your IP address, you browse the internet anonymously because your real identity is hidden.
2. You get to enjoy the services that are blocked for your country.
How to Change An Android IP Address
To change your android device IP address you need to do that with an app called Syphon Shield App.
1. Download Syphon Shield App Here or search for it on Play store.
2. Turn your internet connection.
3. Open the application and select a region and then click on connect. You will see the screen shown below:
4. After it has connected, you will see the screen below:
5. That's all! Your android IP address have been successfully changed...
How to Change a Computer's IP Address
There are a number of ways to change a client's IP address, such as the one assigned to a computer. One way is to release and renew the DHCP IP address through the
ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands in Command Prompt.
Another way to change a static IP address is to first find out where the address is being assigned from. If the router is holding/reserving that address, you have to make the change from the router; the steps are different for every brand and model.
However, if the Windows computer has the IP address set up as a static one, you have to:
- Open Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel.
- Choose Change adapter settings on the left side of the screen.
- Double-click the connection in question.
- Open Properties.
- Double-click the IPv4 item from the list.
- Either alter the IP address from the
- General tab or select Obtain an IP address automatically to have the router control the IP address.
II. How to Change a Phone's IP Address
If the first step proved abortive you can try this one but it normally used to change the IP address on a WiFi and mobile device such as the Apple iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into the Wi-Fi option.
- Tap the small (i) next to the network in question.
- Go into the Static tab of the IP ADDRESS area.
- Enter the network details manually, like your own IP address, DNS information, etc.
How to Change a Router's IP Address
To change the router's IP address involves
logging into the router as an administrator . Once there, you can change the IP address to whatever you like. Just know, however, that this IP address is hardly ever changed unless there's already an issue with it. The default IP address should suffice for most situations.
Kindly drop comments and share.
Kindly drop comments and share.