Why limit Happy to an Hour?!
GNO time! Plan a Girlfriend Happy Hour …
or … where to wear your favorite new pair of shoes, or … the perfect end of a day with your ‘besties.’
When was the last time you saw your best friends? Got out of the house and didn’t have on yoga pants? (Okay, that might be a stretch, no pun intended.) Had so much fun laughing that you forgot all the stress in your life?
We’re on a Friendship journey through September, aka: our Month of Friendship of celebrating our friends. Every day we’re sharing a way to reconnect with old friends and build into new friends.
Today’s ‘girlfriend challenge’ is as easy as sitting at a bar with your girlfriends. Host a Happy Hour with your favorite female friends. You don’t always need a reason, like a birthday or your partner out of town (although those are fine reasons to hang out with the girls!) – just a ‘Hey, it’s Tuesday – let’s have a GNO” (Girl’s Night Out) will do. Just take a leadership role and organize a girlfriend get-together.
Our girlfriend advice for throwing a GNO happy hour:
- Pick a Date – Two schools of thought: pick a date that works for you or let your friends vote from several dates that work for you. Recently I contacted several girlfriends through Facebook to ask them which date would work best for them for our upcoming Cincinnati Girlfriendology Happy Hour. I was open to various dates and was happy to know they were saving the date to get together.
- Pick a Location – What nearby, centrally-located, easy to park at bar or restaurant is most conducive for a bevy of ‘besties’ talking and laughing? Choose a location that works for you and the other attendees. Also, find out if they have any happy hour specials – or ask the manager if you can have some for your group. (Sometimes they will donate some food if you bring in a group on a slow night.)
- Invite the Girls – We girls like to plan ahead, so try to invite the attendees several weeks before the event. Send an email or evite, or create a Facebook event, with all the scoop – date, time, place, who else is coming (potential carpools), etc.
- Etc. – If girlfriends can’t come because of their kids, perhaps suggest they share a babysitter. Make sure and bring a camera and share the photos on Facebook or Flickr. Feeling especially blessed to have ‘besties’? Make a little gift bag for each friend (dollar stores are great for tiny gifts for such bags) or have a card for each girlfriend. Send out a thank you email/Facebook message to tell each girlfriend how much you appreciate her attending and how thankful you are for her friendship.
What is your girlfriend advice for hosting a girlfriend Happy Hour? What makes a GNO extra fun? Share and inspire!
Month of Friendship: Day 1
Day 5: Phone a Friend
Day 9: Girlfriend Traditions
Day 13: Send a Card
Day 17: Organize your Closet with a Girlfriend
Day 21: Make a Girlfriend Gift
Day 25: Take a class with a Friend
Day 29: Give Thoughtful Girlfriend Gifts
Day 2: Expressing Gratitude
Day 6: Take a Girlfriend Trip
Day 10: Shopping with a Friend
Day 14: Throw a Girlfriend Happy Hour
Day 18: Girlfriend Chick Flick Party
Day 22: Coffee with a Girlfriend
Day 26: Tell her how much her Friendship means to you
Day 30: Spend time with a Friend
Day 3: Friends in Social Media
Day 7: Pamper Your Pals
Day 11: Remember Friends
Day 15: Random Acts of Kindness
Day 19: Go for a Walk with a Friend
Day 23: Explore your city with a Girlfriend
Day 27: Anticipate her needs
Take the Friendship Month Challenge!
Day 4: Make a Memory Gift
Day 8: Make a Friend Laugh
Day 12: Dinner with Friends
Day 16: Get a Mani/Pedi Together
Day 20: All about YOU Girlfriend Day
Day 24: Surprise your BFF
Day 28: Ask a Friend for a Favor
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!
The post Month of Friendship, Day 14 – Host a Girlfriend Happy Hour (GNO!) appeared first on Girlfriendology.