These are the points that one must know, rehearse and check before appearing for an Interview.10 interview points to check.
1. Review the original ad and job description. Refamiliarize yourself with your CV, application form, covering letter and notes.
7 Points to Follow for a Professional CV Outlook
2. Find out what the company’s interview process is. Get in touch with personal contacts in the organization and ask about interview procedures. Get a brief from the recruitment consultant- interview style, selection process, type of candidates they are seeking.
3. Be ready to talk about your knowledge, experience, abilities and skills, in the context of this vacancy. Prepare responses for common interview questions that illustrate your suitability.
4. Review examples of the questions you may be asked during a behavioral job interview and how you would answer them. Be ready for the scenario questions with at least three strong points about yourself that you can relate to the job on offer, and anecdotes to back them up.
5. Research the company. Search the organization’s website - look at the company’s vision and objectives, news, policies. Look at websites, the press, annual reports. Look at social media links of the company.
6. Be aware of new and existing products. Visit the premises if applicable.
7. Consider the 5 key points you and the company need to establish about each other. Prepare your own questions to ask and be ready to give them the information you need them to know
8. Research the salary you should ask for.
9. Compile a list of all the points you want to make, and your questions, to take with you.
10. Carry out mock interviews with a friend-and rehearse your answers. Get them to ask you tough questions and give you feedback.
Please leave your feedback here with your experience.