Take a boat ride at Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park during spreak break.
What are you doing on your time off from school in April? Here are a few of our picks for fun things to do with the Family around Marin County, the Bay Area, and Northern California during Spring Break. Enjoy!
- Rent a boat, relax, and paddle around Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park.
- Learn about magnificient migrations online with the Marine Mammal Center, Monday, 4–5 pm.
- Look for wildflowers and wildlife on a spring family hike in Marin.
- Spend the day exploring the beaches or hiking at Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Visit the animals and ride the to gondola the California Trail at the Oakland Zoo.
- Play a round of mini golf at McInnis Park's Swing-n-Putt in San Rafael.
- Experience comics, cartoons and family fun at the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa.
- Get on the rides at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, reservations required.
- Live storytime with Ms. Teresa of the Larkspur Library: two live storytimes, Wednesday and Friday, 11:30 am.
- Dine out with the family and enjoy a meal under the lights downtown San Rafael, Thursdays & Fridays, 5–9 pm.
- Reserve your tickets now to explore the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.
- Get the whole family rolling on an easy mountain bike ride in Marin.
- Explore Sonoma Valley for family-friendly wineries, hikes, historic sites, and more.
- Come to the Lark Drive-In at the Village at Corte Madera for screenings of Guardians of the Galaxy (Friday) and The Sound of Music (Saturday), 8 pm.
- Explore the Marin Headlands for outdoor family fun adventures.
Also, check out our calendar for library storytimes and other great family events.