Explore Mt. Burdell in Novato
Here's our weekly list of 15 fun things to do with the kids this week, February 22–28. From biking and hiking to mini golf and baking, there's something for everyone.
Keep in mind that many of these Activities require advance registration, so check the organizer's website before you attend. If you have something fun you'd like to share, please let us know and we'll consider it for next week's list!
- Take a family wildflower hike in Marin.
- Explore the moon online with the Cal Academy's Morrison Planetarium. Monday, 9:30 pm.
- Bake up fresh batch of yummy, fudgy brownies from scratch.
- Play a round of mini golf at McInnis Park's Swing-n-Putt in San Rafael.
- Learn how to make a Peanuts mini-comic book in this cut-and-fold activity from the Schulz Museum.
Make your reservations for a day out at the San Francisco Zoo. Open daily, 10 am–5 pm.
Exploratorium’s Vivian Altmann reads aloud Black Is a Rainbow Color, followed by a color-mixing activity. Wednesday, 1 pm.
Test your riding skills at Marin's only bike park at Stafford Lake in Novato.
- Get creative and make your own unique terrarium.
Play and learn outdoors at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito. Wednesday–Sunday, 9 am–4 pm
Visit virtually with award-winning kids' author Gennifer Choldenko and the Corte Madera Library. Wednesday, 6–7 pm.
- Drop-in for some outdoor Music Time with Megan, Wednesday–Friday at various locations throughout Marin.
- Learn about girls in graphic novels at a live panel discussion from the Charles M. Schulz Museum. Thursday, 4 pm
- Enjoy Storytime at Home with Lauren from Mill Valley Library. Friday, 10 am.
- Get the kids in the kitchen for homemade pizza night.