Recipe of the day
Ingredients1 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
5 to 6 fenugreek (methi) seeds
1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp black salt (sanchal)
3/4 cup fresh curds (dahi)
1 tsp plain flour (maida)
3 tbsp chopped corriander (dhania)
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
Method of cooking
- Mix the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil and add the seed mixture.
- When they crackle, add the onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the paneer, turmeric, chilli powder, black salt and stir for some time.
- Add the curds, sprinkle the plain flour and mix well.
- Add the coriander and salt and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with rotis or butter naan