When it comes to purchasing the best Waffle iron maker, you need to consider several factors. For instance, you should ask yourself whether you’re an adventurous waffler or a classical one. Depending on your style, you should then select a waffle iron maker that suits your preferred thickness and shape. Larger models are ideal if you plan to get more creative. In this informative buying guide, we’ll look at 5 tips on how to select the best waffle maker.
- Make sure you check the cleaning instructions from the manufacturer before you make the purchase. Let the waffle maker cool before you start cleaning it. You can use a damp washcloth to clean the exterior. Another tip is to wrap a chopstick in a paper towel and run it through the grates to soak grease. If you want to get rid of crumbs, you can use an old pastry brush or waffle brush. If the waffle comes with removable plates, you should wash them in soapy, warm water and let them dry.
Waffling or Cooking
- Waffle makers are one of the Easy Kitchen Appliances that come in several shapes and sizes. However, it’s important to note that the yields and timing you want will depend on the brand you buy. Most waffle makers will hold 1/2 to 3/4 of cup batter for each waffle. If you plan to make delicious foods or explore the diversity of the waffle maker, you should consider purchasing larger choices.
Shapes and Sizes
- Once you choose whether you want the thick (Belgian-style) or classic (thin), you will find that there are several shapes to choose amongst. The Belgian and classic styles come in square and round shapes. You can also select other forms such as sticks, animals and hearts.
- Waffle irons vary just like the electric ones. The best tip when selecting them is to consider those with non-stick metal. The reason is that it’s less prone to sticking. Another tip is to look for those with flat handles, which will allow the waffle iron to remain flush. For safety, make sure you use an oven mitt or towel to make contact with hot handles.
- Many new brands of waffle makers are nonstick. Among the best choices are the ones with a unique rotary function, which turn the waffle maker over. The result is even browning on the top and bottom. Others have controls that allow you to determine who golden you want your waffle to be. Other models have a no-drip function that catches any leaking batter before it reaches your counter-top. Multipurpose models have interchangeable and removable plates for sandwiches and waffles. It means that you’ll get the best returns for your money when you buy this device.
Purchasing the best waffle iron maker should be a comfortable process using the above guide. Make sure you read online reviews of the best models to enable you to know which unique features they have. Your style matters when selecting the best brands, for instance, the thickness and shape that you prefer your waffles to be.