Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins
|Carrot (grated)||4 cup|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 tsp|
|Milk powder||1 cup|
|Ghee||2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp|
|Pistachios (chopped)||1/8 cup|
- Then in a thick bottomed pan, melt 2 tbsp ghee & add the grated carrots. On a low to medium flame saute the carrots with frequent stirring till they are almost cooked. It normally takes about 10 to 12 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Now add milk powder & mix with the carrots very well. Saute for a minute.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder to it. The Mixture will be loosen up as the sugar melts. Continue to saute with frequent stirrings for about 7 to 9 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- When the mixture thickens and reduces, it is the perfect time to switch off the flame and immediately pour the mixture in the greased pan. With a spatula or spoon press firmly the top part.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios on top and gently press them. Cover and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Cut into to any desire shape & serve !
- Take a small amount of mixture and cool it. Then roll into a small ball & it should easily form a ball which indicates to switch off the flame.
- Any dry fruits like cashews, almonds, raisins etc can be taken instead of pistachios.
This post first appeared on First Timer Cook, please read the originial post: here